RV show pricing

jerry909

After years of renting, I finally decided to buy. I found something I like and the price is "okay". I have never been to an RV show and was curious how aggressive the pricing is. Should I wait a month for the Pomona show? I'll be disappointed if the one I like got away just to save a couple hundred bux. What kind of savings can I expect from a show?
Oh... I'm buying used, class C, low miles.

Thanks in advance

Bounder Boy

Re: RV show pricing

Jerry, GENERALLY speaking, when I go to our local RV & Camping show in Feb. (Central Wisconsin) the sale prices are 1/3 OFF the MSRP. Maybe some help to your decision.

Grandview Trailer Sa

From a dealers standpoint.....If you find what you want..buy it.

At the shows...we have to pay HUGE vendor fees...we cannot afford to give units away AND pay the vendor fees. I have been to a lot of shows where I could sell a trailer for less than was at a show. I am headed to Hershey in a week or so...curious as to what I will see there.

Hell, I sell WAY off the MSRP on a daily basis....

Kirk

Show specials are just another gimmick. As Ken mentions, there is extra cost to taking RVs to a show and that must be built into the prices, just as all overhead must. The dealers have to make a living and to pay the sales commission where ever the RV is when sold. If you get the right price, but the RV. You should be looking at no more than 80% of MSRP, assuming that it is a real one from the factory and not one of those home-made jobs on the dealer's letterhead like many use to juice up the price. They all come with a manufacturer MSRP but there is no requirement that the dealers show it to the buyers and many do not. A dealer must make a profit, but he don't need to get it all from you!