Rv steps

Plazmus

RV steps with holes punched in the steps are dangerous to pets. I travel a lot, and twice in the last several years I've seen a dog lose a toe nail and also end up with a broken toe. Those steps should be outlawed, and the existing steps ( which number in the thousands ) should be covered with wrap around type step covers.
I don't know how to get the word out about this problem so, I thought I would start here. If anybody knows how to contact all the RV manufactures' at once it would really help. I don't know if anybody in the industry cares but it would be worth the effort. The last dog was hooked to the step for a few painful minutes before someone got his toe out of the hole. He lost the whole nail. Very terrible, very painful.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Sorry to hear about your animal, but the holes are there to prevent water standing and to lighten the sheer weight of the steps. I wrap mine with carpet also.

ejdixon

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing this. We covered ours with an anti-slip mat to make it a lot safer to go up and down.

LEN

Ya to me it's an owner problem. I don't have pets so I don't won't pay for the problem. Besides then the suits would be for slick steps and people injured, another animals verses people.
OH the carpet works good.

LEN

H2H1

I like other on here do not have any pets. I respect those who do have pets. So to solve your problem buy some carpet for your steps and the problem would be solved. You can get them from Ken at Grand View Trailer sales. He also answer your question 4 back from here.

C Nash

Hollis I respect them as long as they dont walk them in my site or leave them next door while they are gone. Then they bark until they return. Know some will think that makes me and old scrouge but as you know I give my opinions. Just an old fart living our dream with gas prices taking it away LOL.