rving alone

tommiehawke

i am a recent widower and while my wife was alive we traveled a lot. what i don't recall seeing was a male traveling by himself. i saw a couple of females traveling alone, and i was wondering if some of you have had experience with the single male rv'er. i would still like to travel about the states even without a companion, but i don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. any thoughts?
tommie

vanole

Re: rving alone

tommiehawke,

My former neighbor lost his spouse a few years ago. He travels all the time and joined a LOW chapter. Granted many of the members in his chapter are women it does not bother him. I met up with him this past winter in South Florida and he will never give up RVing for any reason. Go for it and who cares what other folks think.

V/R
Jeff

H2H1

I am sorry for your lost. But I know if I lost my soul mate and best friend, I would carry on with RVing. SHE knows this is what I love doing and would support me from heaven. I would look for friend who may want to travel with you, or just go alone and enjoy your life while you can, Good luck :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Ken, do what you like to do and dont worry what others think. Those that would turn up their nose you dont need anyway. Keep doing what you enjoy. Sorry for your lost and welcome to the forum. Hang around and let us know about your travels

beachboy

I have been RVing for a number of years now solo. I enjoy getting around with my standard poodle Sam. We spent 5 weeks in Florida this past winter. I have never encountered any problem being alone.

98 Beaver Monterey 36 ft.
2010 Toyota Matrix dollied.

Triple E

My father traveled for years alone. He always traveled to Southern California for the winter. Made some awesome friends and always had fun stories to tell. Each year dad would leave a little earlier and came home a little later. He would always find a woman that was also traveling by their self and many of them would enjoy fixing him a good dinner. :laugh: Go for it. You will have a great time. He too worried about being by him self but got over quickly. ;)
:8ball:

tommiehawke

thanks to all of you for the encouragement. it will make my decision to travel alone a lot easier. and who knows their may be another soul mate out there for me.
ken

LEN

I don't know where you are headed but the parks we stayed in, in the SW had a lot of xtra ladies of post retirement age wintering in them.

LEN

G

I myself would love to travel alone ,, i would do what i wanted ,, not that i don;t do that anyway ,, but only me to look after ,, :cool: :approve: :approve:
I kinda do that anyway now ,, Infact the trip to MB this yr ,, i am taking the MH up a day before the wife gets lost ,, oops i mean heads up to the beach area ,, but hey 8 hrs of solo driving :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :approve: :approve: :approve:

keithb

Hi Tommiehawke
Do it man and don't worry about it. Enjoy yourself while you can. I hope to be out there soon. Just me and my dog Murray. :laugh: