sad day

G

well to let u all know ,, i sold my MH today ,, to a customer of mine that had a very nice 5er ,, but he wanted to move up ,, and didn't want a new one ,, but a good low milage , clean used one ,, and a DP at that ,, well i got the ck today from the credit union ,, and it's a done deal ,, well almost ,, he has to get his 5er to FL ,, so that his inlaws can use it ,, they sold theirs ,, and bought his ,, from what i am told ,, but now the work begins ,, gotta get out all the stuff ,, and find a place for it ,, i guess now i will look into a good tent camper :eek: :laugh: :laugh: less maint :approve:
But one other thing ,, that i think is ironic ,, my dad gave me this MH 5 yrs ago ,, and I buried him 4 yrs ago this date ,, but i am not saying it in a bad way ,, heck he sold 4 before this one ,, and this is the only one he kept for more than a yr :approve:

elkhartjim

Re: sad day

I love irony Rod. Its what keeps us second guessing. I have a nearly new 9 x 9 umbrella tent that I could probably part with if'n the price was right!!!!

Shadow

Hang in there Rod. Know that M/H had some great memories for you. Have a feeling you will be back behind the wheel soon. RVing is in your blood. :) If Jims is priced to high, I have one and will throw the sand in free!

DL Rupper

Golly what's next? I'm in a condo and Rod sold his MH. Sorry to hear you won't be going to the beach in your MH. :(

More good times are coming soon or so THEY say. ;)

cwishert

Rod my heart actually fell when I read this. I can't believe you sold your MH. I guess when one door closes another one opens. I'm sure you the exact right thing will jump up when you least expect it. :) Maybe that was your dad's way of saying its time for something new. ;)

H2H1

OK lets not go get all teary eyes here..... What he did not tell you was he HAS another one. Yes that right he has another on. IT'S not DP but a Gasser and it is one he can work on remod it to suit his taste. You know sand on the floor a big picture of the ocean. Although it was hard to get rid of the other one due to the sentimental value it had... But don't worry he will be back at the BEACH real soon. SORRY ROD. HAD TO TELL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Ken is right, he has a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG CHECK IN HIS BACK POCKET. SO JUST WISH HIM WELL on the other one. but he does have plans to put a mural of the beach on the inside of it.

cwishert

Well Rod you had me feeling all sorry for you. :( I can understand the sentimental value though. And you were worried how you could RV and make it. Well now you have a big check in the bank so you can at least get started on it. :eek: :) :laugh:

C Nash

Here I was thinking the world was coming to and end so I started thinking of selling ours. Aw come on now Rod the gasser is nothing to be ashamed of :eek: . Bet he will take that check and buy a condo on the beach. Rod, know you hated to sell that MH because of the memories but it's kind of like my friend in the rv business told me one time "don't get attached to anything other than your wife and family" Have found throughtout life that is a pretty good thing to keep in mind.

G

well yes ,, SINCE SOMEONE let the cat outta the bag ,, i am still in the rving life style ,, but not as plush ,, but who cares ,, it 's an rv right ,, it was one my son bought about a yr ago ,, and it's a 36 fter ,, Rexhall Airrex ,, and as all have said ,, yes it's gas ,, but i think in the long run ,, less maint ,, but as hollis said ,, i am gonna change it around a bit ,, but i do like the sand on the floor ,, may see if i can get that done in a tile form ,, but anyway ,, it has 20,000 miles on it ,, genset has 10 hrs ,, and its 92 ,, yea i know i went back instead of forward,, but i am kinda liking the vintage rv's and what some are doing to them ,, but this one does what it spose to GET ME TO THE BEACH ,, no really it is very clean ,, was covered all it's life ,, and used only for week trips ,, but i think it is gonna be a fun project ,, although i really wanted an old gray Hound bus to work on ,, but that is for later ,, but i am gonna have as much fun in this one ,, maybe more as i did in the DP ,, and since niether one of them had slides ,, i don't see a diff ,, only one thing ,, this one handles a little better than the bus did ,, but there agian ,, it'a an rv ,, and someday it will be a classic ,, but with all the modern stuff of a Prevost ,, i can guarntee that ,, but thank u all for the kind words ,, u all are great ,, and even thoug i don't know alot of u in person ,, i can call u friends ,, cause u care ,, and look out for a fellow rver ,, THANK U ALL ,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

DL Rupper

Hey Rod, have fun with your new project. As long as you can go RV'ing, it doesn't matter much if the MH is gas or diesel. The real enjoyment starts when you arrive at your destination. :)

G

yes that is very true ,, DL ,, but i did not let u all on the WHY ,, i had to sell the DP ,, it was either the gasser or the DP ,, and since the DP was newer and more value ,, i sold it ,, what i am getting at is this ,, i have a ton of money probs right now ,, back property taxes ,, irs is sueing me ,, so i had to do it ,, didn't want to ,, but did .... and since i got what i got for the MH ,, it will prolly just get me close to caught up ,,, my wife is the one that was handling all this ,, but i guess not good enough ,, oh well at least i still have an rv ,, but no money to use it ,, ,, btw sorry if i dumped on all of u ,, it's just been a bad yr for me ,, really
:disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :angry: :angry: :angry: