Screen Door Replacement - The whole door, not the screen

Bayshore203

The screen door (at the hinges) broke off - 2004 Wilderness. How do you replace that?
Do I have to buy both doors - screen + Outside door?

Kirk

Re: Screen Door Replacement

That depends upon what type of door you have and how it is mounted. Our screen has screws that mount the hinges to the door and to the door frame. If the hinges are riveted to the frame it is much more challenging to replace it. The most difficult part may be the locating of a replacement door. Most of them come as an entire assembly, including the door, screen, and the door frame.

Bayshore203

Re: Screen Door Replacement

The screen door hinges are lined up in the track the door is in; they are not screwed into the frame.

Kirk

Re: Screen Door Replacement - The whole door, not the screen

I don't really understand? Are the hinges a part of the hinges that your entry door swings on?

cougarkid

Re: Screen Door Replacement - The whole door, not the screen

I think I understand your question.

My 89 Georgie Boy has the main door and screen door hinges in line on the same loooong hinge pin. Mine was sagging (worn hinges) so I unscrewed the screen door from the hinges, elongated the holes in the hinges and screwed it back on.

If the screen door broke off the hinges, and the hinges are still intact, you should be able to screw a new screen door on the hinges.

If the hinges themselves broke off, it will be tougher. I have NOT done this repair.

It seems you should be able to take the hinge pin out and replace the hinges/screen door. Probably a tough task, if it is doable at all.

Whole door and frame replacement sounds like overkill, but the way they build these things, you never know what can be done.

Good luck!