Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

First, is there such a thing as a security screen door for an RV (5er)? Like the kind you can buy for your home http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...Id=10051&catalogId=10053&superSkuId=202933690). Besides having pets and worrying about them accidentally popping out the screen sometimes I'd just like the ventilation of a screen door, but with the added security of a deadbolt.

The other thing I'd like to know is what people think about these screen porches you can attach to your RV. Looks like a good thing for additional space, keep the bugs out, good for rain or shine. My concern is how heavy they are and ease to put up /take down.

Thank you!!

akjimny

Re: Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

RoxAnn - RV's are not built to any kind of normal home-building standard that I know of. They use lighter weight materials, etc, so we can drag them up and down the highway. I don't think you will find anything at Lowes or Home Depot that will be a one-for-one swap with your existing screen door.

You might be able to have one custom made at a screen/storm door company. Hopefully Ken from Grandview Trailer will see this post and offer more suggestions. He is our resident towable expert.

Good luck with your project. :) :)

Re: Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

You seem to be a wealth of information ~ thanks!! I think a custom screen door is the way I'll have to go.