Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by finernfrogfur, Aug 6, 2011.

1. finernfrogfur

finernfrogfur Member

First, is there such a thing as a security screen door for an RV (5er)? Like the kind you can buy for your home Besides having pets and worrying about them accidentally popping out the screen sometimes I'd just like the ventilation of a screen door, but with the added security of a deadbolt.

The other thing I'd like to know is what people think about these screen porches you can attach to your RV. Looks like a good thing for additional space, keep the bugs out, good for rain or shine. My concern is how heavy they are and ease to put up /take down.

Thank you!!
  2. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

Re: Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

RoxAnn - RV's are not built to any kind of normal home-building standard that I know of. They use lighter weight materials, etc, so we can drag them up and down the highway. I don't think you will find anything at Lowes or Home Depot that will be a one-for-one swap with your existing screen door.

You might be able to have one custom made at a screen/storm door company. Hopefully Ken from Grandview Trailer will see this post and offer more suggestions. He is our resident towable expert.

Good luck with your project. :) :)
  3. finernfrogfur

finernfrogfur Member

Re: Screen Porch Enclosures And Security Doors...

You seem to be a wealth of information ~ thanks!! I think a custom screen door is the way I'll have to go.