Seeking info about camp ground volunteering

Andyroo

Hello all

I am packing up and pulling out, for a few years anyway.

Any advice/warnings about camp ground hosting and volunteering?

thanks in advance
A

Kirk

Re: Seeking info about camp ground volunteering

We have been fulltime and spending about 80% of our time in volunteer positions that supply an RV site now for the past ten years. I would invite you to visit our website to take a look at the information there about our lifestyle and also about the 26 different places that we have volunteered.
http://adventure.1tree.net/

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here or to contact me directly.

utmtman

I too did three years of workamping as a volunteer at national parks and it was a lot of fun. Got free campsites for all of them and some also paid a small stippance. Health prevents me from doing it at this time so have not worked since nov of 2008.

C Nash

We did some in state cgs for free site. Not a lot demanded where we volunteered but we liked to move around so haven't done many

ticktock

I added this Web page to my favorites. Everyone should drop by at least once to check the information available. It could be helpful. We did not buy our truck or 5th wheel yet but, we are shopping hard. I can not wait to hit the road. We will be close to full timers and intend on buying property back east somewhere to call home during the winter months. I love this site and all of the helpful ideas I am finding here. Thanks!!!

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Charles. Great group here and tons of info on most anything concerning rvs and camping. We have also been known to give great political advice and opinions on most anything.

frederick

Kirk

I don't know what one does as a "Camp Ground Voulenteer".
Great web site.

Fred from Pasco, Wa.

C Nash

Fred it will very from one cg to another. We only had to ck twice a day to see if new campers came in or if any had left. We also did some extras not required such as cleaning campsites and making sure the bathouse was clean. Some require maintiance work or working in campground stores. Some work the gates. Sure Kirk will come on with better details. Some just offer free sites and others offer pay.

airspeed

ticktock - 10/20/2010 4:13 PM

I added this Web page to my favorites. Everyone should drop by at least once to check the information available. It could be helpful. We did not buy our truck or 5th wheel yet but, we are shopping hard. I can not wait to hit the road. We will be close to full timers and intend on buying property back east somewhere to call home during the winter months. I love this site and all of the helpful ideas I am finding here. Thanks!!!

What web page?

Kirk

There are several websites that list volunteer positions and most of our experiences have come from them. A good one for people who are not sure what they want to do would be Volunteer.Gov http://www.volunteer.gov/gov/

This site is a place that any federal agency can list openings but many agencies also have their own sites. If you want the national parks, a better place to start is http://npsvipnetwork.com/

If you are interested in the national wildlife refuges, the agency that manages them has a website at http://www.fws.gov/volunteers/

In addition, every state has a website with the state parks department on it. Nearly all of them use volunteer hosts and some have other state agencies who do also. We have volunteered for a state forestry service and also for game & fish departments.