Service

big bilko

Just a general question, At what milage would you be looking at to do a service in a triton v10. I have clocked up about 5000 miles since my last service. Only checked water oil and batteries so far. Regards Big Bilko :question:

DL Rupper

Re: Service

Offhand I'd say you're ready. I change my oil every 5,000 miles in my diesel. The manufacturer says 7500 miles , but I like to error on the conservative side. It used to be that 3,000 miles was the magic/holy number, but the new lubricants and better engines can handle longer intervals. I will be surprised if you don't get advice anywhere from 3,000 to 7500 miles. Actually with a diesel, some folks claim 15,000 miles with synthetic oil. Since your engine is just a Gasser I'd change it sooner. :laugh: :eek:

H2H1

Well I have a gasser as well, it is a 8.1 Chevy. I change my oil at 4500-5000 miles. At the same time I do the genset although it not used as much as the engine, I just want everything to be ok. But as DL stated some will say longer, I just think it a personal thing that you will have to decide on and be comfortable with.

utmtman

I do my 8.1 around 3000 to 5000. Or when the dash starts going nuts telling me to get the oil changed.

H2H1

Hey Lee I have the computer on board that also that will tell me when to change, but I change it before it yells at me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Dang my wife and GPS yell enough. Glad my truck doesn't yell as well. :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

big bilko

Thanks for the imput. I think I will book it in for service Now So I can be ready to sneak off from work and be ready to travel. Got my sights set on a little place called Echuca which is on a large river with great fishing .It is also a pioneer town and still has 3 or 4 working paddlewheel riverboats. It is only a 4hour trip from home so any excuse we can find to go we will be off like a rocket. Regards and thanks from down under . Big Bilko. :) :) :)

H2H1

Hey DL that why I service the MH to keep it from yelling at me. So between the GPS and the wife that enough for me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but again I also get it from 730 also :laugh:

G

ME ,, u know i wouldn't do that to any of my buddies here :eek: ;) :evil: :evil: :evil:

utmtman

Hey I did not know that is would do that until we were traveling to Branson last year all of a sudden it started getting mad at me for not changing the oil. About that time I also hit the low point on the gas gage and it too started getting mad at me. Since then I watch them like a hawk, I agree the wife, cats and dog is enough.