Sewage pumping up hill.

medic1

I need to come up with a way to pump my grey and black water tanks slightlu up hill to my septic tank which is located about 60 ft away. Anyone have any ideas?

akjimny

Re: Sewage pumping up hill.

Rich, Flojet makes a macerator pump that should do the trick. You hook it to your tank outlet just like your sewer hose, then attach a standard garden hose to the pump. It chews up the waste and pumps it thru the garden hose. Hope this helps. :) :)

vanole

medic1,

I have the Sanicon system on my RV which is a macerator pump. Its a nice system when it works. If it decides to have a hiccup it is a mess. I've had two hiccups in which I've had to replace the pump impeller. So a macerator pump is one way to go.

However when I was in Fla last year I seen something called a "Sewer Solution" which is a water jet pump and it seemed to be a good product. No moving parts is a plus and it uses a small one inch hose. Here is a link to FAQ's concerning this product http://www.sewersolution.com/faq.htm
This is a cheaper solution if it would work for you.

Jeff

cougarkid

I have a "Sewer Solution" that I purchased over a year ago.

I have never used it to push uphill, but it is my sewer connection where I am parked.

I have it hooked onto the dump pipe and then it runs through a wall, 40' across a garage floor thru a 3/4" garden hose to a conneection I installed in a sink drain pipe at the floor.

We have a toilet in the garage, so only liquid goes in the RV toilet. Works great for my application.

vanole

Medic,

With that rise the Sewer Solution would work. I think the link I posted stated 3ft above the height of the tank, however not sure of how long your run would be to the Septic tank.

Jeff

medic1

Thanks for all the great ideas. I purchased a Sewer Solutions system on Ebay for $95 delivered. I will be using it in about 3 weeks.