shocks

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by michael mangine, Jun 25, 2006.

1. michael mangine

michael mangine New Member

hi all, does any body know if these bilstein shocks are worth the money i here and read alot but still don't understand the differance

2. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Re: shocks

I can tell you in about a month. I bought a set at about $25 each. Couldn't pass that deal up. I wasn't in a hurry to change them since mine aren't worn out, but I probably will before I go on my next long trip. I'll post a follow up here.

3. Browzin

Browzin New Member

michael mangine
    Shocks are built to cover a given range of vehicles. What works great on one may not be the best choice on another.
    Bilstein makes a good shock but they work the best under heavy type loads. If your vehicle is light in releation to the spring rate capacity they will give a very hard ride. If your vehicle is heavy in relation to the spring rate capacity, then they will dampen the ride very nicely. Monroe, KYB, & Bilstein are all good choices, which brand will work the best for your particular application??? Try them and then you will know for sure. I personally use Monroes on the front and Bilstein on the rear of my MH. Monroes were to soft on the rear and Bilstein were to hard on the front. So I installed what worked best in each position.

4. michael mangine

michael mangine New Member

RE: shocks

hi browzin,i have a 02 31 chateau class c and pull a 8x18 trailer for my son's matocross racing. i was looking at the hd bilsteins for front and back or would i be better off with air bladders in the rear,

5. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Monroes work great on our HR Vacationer. Tell us what kind of MH ,size and weight might help?

6. Browzin

Browzin New Member

michael mangine
    From my experience Class C's normally tend to have heavy rears (lots of overhang & factory springs). Being you are towing a trailer as well (Now this is only a WAG "wild a$$ guess") I would personally go with the Bilstein and air bags in the rear. For the front, being its once again Class C with front eng plus over cab overhang weight (once again only a WAG) I would try the Bilsteins. If your happy with the performance that you received from the original shocks then I would go with Monroes for the front. Now remember like any thing else, one can only base there answers on the information they have to work with.