Shore Power

IHRA5SEC

I am being told by a friend that I dont need to run 220 for my shore power as long as I only run on my 30 amp switch and no more then ONE roof top A/C unit. This would allow me to run a single 30 amp 110 cord to the beast.. Your thoughts...

Ray

C Nash

Re: Shore Power

Do you have 50 amp? Are you using a extension cord or just your rv shore power cord? Yes, you can use 30 amp if you watch what you turn on. As long as you are not using an extension cord

IHRA5SEC

Now I am really lost :question: :question: I have a switch that allows me to choose 30A or 50A, My friend who is an electrician and owns a 2000 35' said he has an adapter that will let me run a 110v 30a into the existing 220 shore power cord on the Travelcraft. All I will run is maybe a small heater during the winter and keep the batteries charged.

C Nash

Does yours have the 50 amp plug? Yes, you can get a 30 amp adapter and it should be fine pluged to a 30 amp receptial. That is what I do at home and at CGS that do not have 50 amp service. You will need the adapter anyway. Lot of cGs still only have 30 amp.