Shore Power

Discussion in 'RV Tips & Tricks' started by brzip, Aug 16, 2004.

1. brzip

brzip New Member

I want to install a 50-amp shore power connnection for my MH. I need a wiring diagram.

2. ARCHER

ARCHER Senior Member

Shore Power

Ya need to be a little more specific on what you want. Wiring diagram for "What"....motorhome, trailer, ???? :dead:

3. janicenlarry

janicenlarry New Member

Shore Power

Is unit equipped to handle 50 amp? Mfgr. should be able to give you diagrams.

4. Flagcity

Flagcity New Member

RE: Shore Power

You answered your own question - Shore Power is the answer. There are marine chargers that are made that will monitor and maintain different battery banks. I have one in my Houseboat and one in my Motorhome, the boat is for three banks, one battery is a large golf cart battery for every day 12 volt usage, one bank for engine starting, one for the generator. A computer in the charger monitors the batteries and controls the charging, from trickle to a heavier charge. The boat generator runs twice a a day to bring up the golf battery while away from shore power, hence a heavier charge, at the dock with shore power it may only need a trickle, These chargers are not all that expensive, the one in my motor home paid for itself in the batteries it saved, it is only a two banker for engine and coach, paid less then $100 for it on Ebay.

5. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: Shore Power

How did you find this? I actually know the answer to that question, but why...

2 1/2 years old.....

6. Flagcity

Flagcity New Member

Re: Shore Power

When I answered, I thought it was in reply to a question to keeping batteries up, the inverter in the unit can ruin batteries if plugged in all winter as you know. But my answer was not posted where I thought it would be. Regardless, it is a good alternative, marine chargers will float, trickle or charge depending on the battery per bank.