skyline drive

Discussion in 'Destinations' started by Skeeter1956, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Skeeter1956

Skeeter1956 New Member

just came down and looks so nice the leaves are changen nicely, going to start the blueridge today

2. booten

booten New Member

Re: skyline drive

I was on the BRP in the Floyd area 2 weeks ago an the trees were very pretty.

3. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

I was up there in Gatliburg & Pigeon Forge 2 weeks ago. We stayed at Jellystone RV park and the park owners ready put on a fanfare for the kids. They hay rides and trick r treating for the kids. And yes the tres are beautiful now but falling real fast. I hope yopu enjoy your trip thru the BRP.

4. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

When you guys drive near Roanoke, you are only about 15 miles from me, when the Parkway goes under Rt. 460.

5. rjf7g

rjf7g Senior Member

The deck on my stick house looks out to Afton Mountain, where the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway connect. It's at the "turnin' time" when you can see billions of shades of yellow, oranges, browns, and red and with a slight turn of the head see billions of shades of green.

6. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Becky, that sounds VERY nice.

7. Shadow

Shadow Senior Member

Sounds beautiful !! Rod, are you still working on that meet and greet next Oct.?

8. Skeeter1956

Skeeter1956 New Member

RE: skyline drive

did this great safari park in natural bridge va it was simpley wonder ful 180 acres and lots of cool animals and they let the RV go thru so if you get the chance see it