Skypr

C Nash

Anyone using Skype? Not Skype to Skype calls but skype to land lines. When I call landlines it shows up as RC Trucking calling. Very seldom works anyway from my sloooow land line. Reading online where people are receiving telemarketers calls and it shows up as RC Trucking. When you call the number back you get no one. They also say the caller is very rude and most of them concern credit card dealings.

G

RE: Skypr

WOW ,, i am suprised ,, tex didn't reply on this ,, i know he uses Skype to talk to is son ,, and we use Skype to chat to each other ,, tex,, hollis, ken , dave ,, and my self ,, but i must say ,, i have never used Skype as a land line ,, but maybe tex can give some input on that ,, cuase like i said he uses it ,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :)

C Nash

Re: Skypr

Yep I thought sure Tex would enlighten me. Having trouble getting people to answer when they see rc trucking calling :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

Sorry, Chelse. I don't use Skype the way that you wanted advise. Landline. My son has called me from Skype to my landline. The only way to tell he was on Skype was to hear his regular landline ring in the background.

Skype doesn't work well with slow connections (forget about it with dialup), but I don't think most IP phone systems will. Skype got some bad press at the beginning, because so many folks had slow connections, but that didn't keep them from expressing their opinions.

I guess it has something to do with how many of the 90 million users are online at the time, too.

My son and I do Skype-to-Skype video calls all the time with great results. We talk about antique film cameras that we found or bought, and it's great to hold one up for the other to see.

PS. Here's a result of searching Google on "RC Trucking Skype": http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-678-365-0322

C Nash

Thanks Tex. You arre correct on Skype being useless on land line which is all I have here. You can forget video calls but it worked great on WIFI. I had googled RC Trucking and found that others were also showing that it was RC trucking calling. Just sounded odd to me that a trucking number showed. Wondered if maybe something illegal was going on. Maybe it's a new way of advertizing. I know RC trucking is huge with offices in ever state.

TexasClodhopper

On other IP phone services (commercial that I know of), I can choose what shows up on YOUR caller ID when I call you. That's all the telemarketers do.

I don't know why "RC Truckers" is so prevalent. I've never seen it from my son's calls.