Slide out (pop out) weight limit

mojogoboom

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me find out the weight limits for popouts on a park model trailer. I can't locate the manual and I am unsure what weight the pop outs will support. I have a Franklin park model trailer. It is 40 by 8. The pop outs add 2 feet. There are three popouts, one for the back bedroom, one for the middle, small bunk room, and the front one that makes up the living and dining rooms. Each popout is supported by two jacks. I ask because I recently bought a new recliner couch weighing in at almost 250 pounds (I really didn't think about it until after the purchase was made). I am worried what will happen once people are sitting on the couch. The current couch is probably less than 50 pounds (it's a very cheap thing). If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

--Diane

Grandview Trailer Sa

As far as I know, there are no posted limits on Slideouts. The engineers that design them know, but just not written anywhere. Franklin was a good trailer, if they only go out 2 feet, I doubt your sofa will hurt it. Franklin got torn up in a tornado a few years ago in Nappanee IN. I don't know if they stayed in business or not. You could Google them and if they are, call them and ask.