slide out stuck ???

kujawa

help... have a 1998 coachman 32' pull trailer. Royal.. slide outs would not move in. was advised to check hydraulic fluid. sure enough found a leak in the rear. called coachman 800 number was told to disconnect the hydraulic lines , get 4-6 adults and push.... well did that and finally the small slide out bedroom rear went in.

now... the large dining/couch slideout wont budge.... even tried pushing with 2500 pick up ... wheels on truck spun. called coachman again and they advised to remove the piston completely.... well while underneath found another hydraulic hose .. disconnected 3 hoses by the pump and this one underneath.

Does anyone know why this wont budge? or have a layout of how to remove the piston?

gotta move this baby.... asap..

thanks ... please email privately

gwill17423@aol.com

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: slide out stuck ???

Hello and welcome,

You have to realize that the Coachman you have is not the Coachman you "talked" to. Forest River bought Coachman when the original company went belly up, maybe a couple of years ago. I am not sure how many of the original employees they brought back.

The advise is accurate, so far, but I expect the main slide is a flush floor and it is stuck trying to jump or ride up. Try pushing at the bottom of the slide or actually jacking the floor up just a little, then pushing. If you have taken the hoses off the piston, or relieved pressure, there is no reason to take the piston out.

Let us know!

G

well i agree with ken .. but one other thing ,, most slides have a manual override ,, and i am wondering why this was not used ,, maybe FR is to lazy to tell u this ,, or they don;t want too JMO :)
But there agian what do i know ,, nothing ,, from some folks .

Grandview Trailer Sa

Rod is right, an over-ride is a manual jack located at the pump motor, except if your fluid is low or hose has a hole in it, the over-ride won't work.

Electric slides have manual operations also, in case of emergency.

SnowbirdInFlight

We had the same problem with our slide on our 2000 FR TT in 2008. We read manual, found the manual over-ride at the pump and he got it in - took forever. Then after he took pump apart found it was a simple short in the wires. He fixed it and it has been working fine every since. DH is pretty handy to have around. ;)

SnowbirdInFlight

No need to yell.
thb75eca26.gif
I was just relating what we did in our situation.
thsorry-1.gif