Slide out won't slide out!

We are taking out our Georgie Boy for the first time this year and took it for a "dry run" to get propane, gas, etc. When we tried to put one of the slide outs out, it would only "click". LAST time we had it out, it was "jerky" when we wanted to put it back in so we took it to the dealer we bought it from (Lexington, KY.) and they replaced a "bar" or part of the mechanism that works to slide it out and in. At any rate, we called the warranty company and the dealer here (Camping World) and were told they would not fix a clutch or pay for adjustments for it. Is there anyway we can figure out if it's the clutch or if we need a "adjustment of the belt stop" before we have it taken apart? SOMEONE told us that if we give it a push while holding the button, it might go out and catch a gear and we could get it open but hate to open it if we can't get it closed again! Any suggestions? We were planning on leaving Saturday for a week in Wisconsin and I say we COULD go with it the way it is. We can use the bed just the way it is - - it would just feel a little claustraphobic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Diane in Chicago

Grandview Trailer Sa

Sounds to me like it is just stuck. When slides go in too tight, the clutch will ratchet or click. If you know how, there is a manual over ride and if you turn it just a little, the clutch will take over again. A slight adjustment will prevent this from happening again. Your dealer should be able to handle that.

Thank you so much Kenneth! I could hardly sleep last night for worrying about it. We will take it to him when we get back but they couldn't get us in this week so we're going to go with it stuck IN. Camped for years without a slide out and it won't hurt us for a week.