Slide rHitches

Jim Cheryl

I own a 2008 Dodge 2500 short bed, just bought a 2007 Jazz by Thor I am looking for a hitch. It appears I need a slider hitch so the trailer does not hit the cab on tight corners. I am checking into the hijacker auto slide and the pullrite superglide any opinions? or other suggestions?

paulm235

Hi Jim, I own a PullRite Superglide and have been very happy with it. I have the removable rails so I can pull it out during the winter (it's extremely heavy...takes 2 to 4 people to do it safely). I pulled my Heartland Sundance with it for 3 years and now it's pulling my 11,000lb Keystone Cougar and has been a great unit. It may have been overkill for my truck (2006 Chevy 2500HD D/A Crew cab) but even if the cap clears the back window on a level surface it can shatter it if you're on uneven ground.
In any case it's been a great hitch and has performed flawlessly. Hope this helps.
Happy camping!

krsmitty

I have a 07 Ram 2500 SB. I have a Valley 16k manual slide. Have had it for about 3 years and have not used the slide yet. If you plan to be in situations where you will need the slide often, get an auto type and don't worry about it. If not, get a manual slide and save some money.