Slideout Leaking

utmtman

Slideout is leaking again and I think I have finally found the problem but cannot figure out a way to solve the problem short of getting a new slideout. Ok now let me explain. My bedroom slideout leaks. I found by pushing the rubber inward it slowed it down. One dealer claimed to have fixed it than when it leaked they said they did not. Another dealer said it needs a new rubber seal. But the problem I found yesterday was that the slideout was not squared. The slideout is level on all sides but the rear side. It has a slight angle inward at the top. And at the top five or six inches the rubber seal does not even touch the slidout side. There is a gap there. And the angle starts from the bottom where it is where it should be to that three inch difference at the top. You can put a level on the bottom and see it is out of level.
Ok so anyone have any suggestions short of getting a new slideout???

utmtman

Re: Slideout Leaking

Ill try anything about now. I am ready to tarp it until I can get it into monaco in oregon.

utmtman

Vanole, good idea but that is not the problem solver. That is if the slideout is not sealing squarely going in or coming out. Wont work for a side to side problem.

G

lee .. u are having a side leak ??? sorryif i get it wrong ,, but never heard of a slide leaking from the side ;) :eek: :)

utmtman

Well I have water coming into the bedroom along the side at the floor level natch. When you check the rubber seals on the side you can pull them out and see the water running down the inside of the seal.