Slideout Problems

rands96vectra

I own a 96 Winnebago Vectra and I'm having problems with the Slideout. It is extending unevenly causing it to come out hard and putting alot of stress on it. What adjustments can I do to fix this? -Thx

ARCHER

Slideout Problems

Rands////welcome to forum. If I were you, I'd start by sending Winnebago an email and ask them about it. I have sent them numerous emails regarding older 89 chieftain and they have been absolutely great (even sent me wiring and water line diagrams). They might be able to tell you exactly what to do. Of course, you could take it to a dealer and pay, and pay, and pay.
Try them......and let us know if they helped you. :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

janicenlarry

Slideout Problems

Your slide mechanism is probably made by HWH. That is another source of good info. Both HWH and Winnebago are really super to work with and quite helpful. :laugh:

Johnny-O

Slideout Problems

Rand, There is one thing you can try. Assuming you have an HWH hydraulic system, you might try this. With the slide in, push the retract button for about 5 seconds. Run the slide out and do the same thing. Repeat this once or twice if slide shows any sign of improvement. If not, the problem is more likly to be the syncronizing cylinder. Part may cost a little. but its very easy to replace. Good Luck!!