SLIDEOUT PROBLRM

Quantum

I HAVE A TRIPLE SILED PROWLER 5TH WHEEL, ONE OF THE SLIDES WILL ONLY MOVE 2 TO 3 INCHES WHEN I TRY TO CLOSE THE SLIDE OUT. THE OTHER TWO SLIDEOUTS WORK GREAT. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ABOUT WHERE TO START TO REPAIR THE PROBLEM. I NEED TO SLIDE IN THE SLIDE OUT SO WE CAN MONE THE 5TH WHEEL. WE KEEP IT AT THE LAKE 60 MILES TO TOWN.

C Nash

Re: SLIDEOUT PROBLRM

Welcome to the forum. Could be the motor going bad :( but I would look for something binding or alignment. Have you checked on top to see if maybe a limb has fallen on it. Doesent take much to stop the motor. If it's electric the braking system might be staying on. Ck inside underneath the slide to see if something has gotten under it.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: SLIDEOUT PROBLRM

We had a problem with our slide this past winter. Every one we asked said it could be a bad motor, turned out it was only a loose wire on the motor. Whew, the DH fixed it and it's been working fine every since.

After checking for debis as Nash says you can check for an emergency hand pump to pull the slide in with. That's what we had to use until Jim found the problem and fixed it.

rddog8691

Re: SLIDEOUT PROBLRM

I also had a problem with my slide, when i hit the switch just got a click and no moevment. I cleaned and tighened the connections at the motor and now it works fine. Just something to check. Good Luck :)