slideouts

LEN

Re: slideouts

Toss-up both take 12volt to work. Electric gear or cable are reliable except you can brake a cable or shear a key on the gear. Hydraulic are good also but fluid in the coach scares me. All three have backup system for manual operation if 12 volt is out. But a broken cable must be fixed before operation. If a hydraulic hose is broken it must be fixed before operation. A gear system is usually able to be worked around with the manual in out.

LEN

Triple E

I feel the hydraulic is smoother because you have equal pressure on both side of the slides. JMHO

Grandview Trailer Sa

I like electric best. VERY reliable. I have replaced ONE motor in 11 years.

With Hydraulics, the lightest slide goes out first, then the next heavier one until all are out. Maybe you don't want open all of them...some have valves at the pump to turn off a particular slide...Pain in the rear....

With Elec, you can pick and choose which one you want to go out just by hitting the switch.

Most these days don't have cables and I have seen only a couple jump gears. BUT I have run new hydraulic lines from one end of the trailer to the other and primed with oil....another pain in the rear.

H2H1

I agree with Ken, I like my electric slides and I have 3. I keep the tracks lubricated and the gear also, this will keep them sliding smoothly and will last for years.