Small black tank, how might I cope?

smilinjohn

Our new TT is equipped with the smallish 5 gallon black and 15 gallon grey tanks. I've never camped with a TT before. Might I be able to utilize approx. 16 gallon "portable toidey (sp) tank", like Tote-N-Stor, Barker Tote-Along or Thetford Smart-Tote to temporarily store under my rig, the first day's black tank contents, until toward the end of day-two, to haul that and grey contents to the sewage drop-point. I don't relish making a black-tank run each day to the sewage dump site. I can only guess as to how the campground rules will probably read.

:) John

C Nash

Re: Small black tank, how might I cope?

John use the cgs restrooms as much as possible or camp where you have full hook up. A portable tank will work but get as big one as you can handle. We have one and it does come in handy even with much bigger holding tanks.

smilinjohn

Re: Small black tank, how might I cope?

Chelse, thanks. I was thinking, perhaps 16 gal portable, so we might be able to mount, with bracket, on back sewer-hose-bumper (next to spare tire), as we have to be creative with our limited space and total weight on our 13-1/2 foot trailer (rear bumper to battery box x 7 ft wide x 73" ceiling height (8 ft height/outside) and 13" tires.

Do you think that any campground will permit overnight, the black tank contents in the Tote-Along Portable Holding Tank, stowed under my rig?

:) John