Snow birding

Discussion in 'Full Timing' started by vantheman, Sep 10, 2009.

1. vantheman

vantheman New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm going to retire next year sell my house and began living at campgrounds. I have a permanent site and large camper here in Ohio but need to find a location in Florida for six of the warm months. Any ideas on a reasonable community with a reasonable monthly or annually fees?
  2. CharlieS

CharlieS New Member

RE: Snow birding

Hi Van

I am also new to this snow birding thing, but this is where I will be staying this winter:

It will be my first time there - but I have visited the park. It seems nice and the price is right. I also like the location.

Woodalls is a good place to start your search: I have found their rating system to be pretty accurate.

Also you might consider joining the Good Sam Club. They also have a campground search capability and they rate the campgrounds. There are other benefits of membership also.

Hope this helps..

3. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

Re: Snow birding

Florida is not an inexpensive place to stay in an RV park. Typical prices for nice parks that are near the water are $50 +.
  4. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: Snow birding

We stayed at Emerald Beach RV Park, Navarre, Fl in the cooler panhandle and it was around $550/month + electric for a reasonable sized site. Larger sites were more. Free donuts and coffee once a week. The park was well maintained.

Check out your possible picks on We reviewed about 8 Florida RV parks while we were there 2 years ago. Some were great and some were really crappy. :eek:

Florida is not our favorite place to spend the winter. Out west (Texas, Arizona, California) is much more to our liking. Too many tornadoes and violent storms down in Florida/Georgia/Alabama. :( Our Dodge pickup sustained $7000 hail damage in Georgia in Mar 2007. That was just 1 of many, many storms that were all around us the entire winter/spring. JMO