Snow Totals in VA/East Coast

rjf7g

Hope you're doing ok in Bedford, Ken. We're sitting here under 17" of snow and more is falling in Greenwood!

H2H1

Re: Snow Totals in VA/East Coast

Becky we hope you are on winter break, as to give you time to dig out....I was just on Google looking at Bedford Va to see how much Ken got. Rod over in TN was suppose to get a lot also. Man I don't know how you or anyone further North live thru the winter with all the snow. Here in the South we may get a dusting every once an awhile. So I will stay here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

A white Christmas would be nice here Hollis. Saw all that snow on tv this morning and bones started aching just looking. Sure wish we were heading Southwest.

H2H1

Nash now you know why I live where I do. Snow is nice to look at as long as it is in someone else backyard. If the snow does not make me hurt, but the shoveling it sure would. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rjf7g

These pics were taken this AM...and it has been snowing all day! http://bit.ly/6ivnW2 Friday was the last day for students. I had to take off 3 or 4 days to have the same schedule they do, but I did. So, I am off work until 1/4/2010...last year we camped 5 nights over the winter holidays, I am hoping we can get a few nights in this year as well.

H2H1

well all I got to say, glad it you and not me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that would shut me down until it all is gone and dry as a power keg. :laugh:

G

well to let u all know ,, we did not get anything here ,, dusting in knox ,, but the mountains got pretty close to a ft ,, but we are just soggy now from rain ,, but i seen a few mins. ago ,, that we have a nice blue patch moving toward us ,, nothing big ,, so we might get an innch or so ,, maybe

H2H1

Rod as I told Becky, you can keep that stuff, we don't want nor need it. But glad you was spared

Grandview Trailer Sa

We dodged a bullet for sure...I measured 11" in my driveway, but folks nearby got 14 to 18" and Linda's Mother got 28" in Madison (about 100 miles away). I spent all day clearing my driveway and neighbors and the store's.

Posted some pictures in the Album section.

G

well talking about all this snow ,, me and the family are gonna go play in the snow ,, up on the skyway ,, my son came back last night and said they have about 3ft and still snowing ,, but only letting 4wds or ones with chains in ,, if u all don't hear from me for a couple of days ,, u know why :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

rjf7g

Have fun and be careful...it snowed all day and the wind was gusting here yesterday, so there was no since in doing much in the way of clearing...I kept the door ways clear, and walked to the shed to get the shovels.

deniloo

RE: Snow Totals in VA/East Coast

And here I am in Michigan.....we got our first snow of the season (north of Detroit) on friday with about an inch! Strange that south has tons of snow and we haven't had any in out area! NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING! I'd rather not have any at all!

H2H1

glad you got out OK . it is good to have a friend who owns a tractor, make work a lot easier.

rjf7g

Oh yeah, hours turn in to minutes with the help of technology! We have to venture out to the drug store today. I took vacation for the few days I was supposed to work this week, but all of our local government and school division offices are closed today.

utmtman

We got 14 inches here in Utah when it hit us weekend a week ago. And I am still shoveling snow. LOL Today I went out and added more around the base of the motor home to help with the insulation. It also gave me a wider trail around the motor home now in preperation for the storm that is supposed to hit tomorrow. Good luck to you all on the East coast I hope it melts quickly for ya.