Sofa bed removal

bandalop

I'm fixin to replace my sofa bed with recliners that when in the up position make a sofa (but do not make a bed). The sofa bed to be removed is a queen bed when extended. Kinda like you would find in the living room of your house. What kinda trouble am I asking for in getting this sofa bed out of my 2004 Southwind?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Sofa bed removal

Just take a Sawzall to it and cut it up into smaller chunks! It will be real easy to move that way. Guess what? Hardly anyone is going to want that used sofa anyway! :clown:

C Nash

it had to be put together when it was made. Just reverse the procedure :laugh:

akjimny

Thermite and det cord :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Honestly tho', either Tex's or Nash's suggestions will work. Good luck. I'm going to be going thru something simular shortly, as the sleeper-sofa in my rig is pretty well broken down. Previous owners had three (active) children. :) :)

H2H1

Do as Tex suggested and get a saw all and have fun. I hardly think anyone will want it even if you got it out in one piece. But there again, you could donate to good will and get a tax write off :laugh: :laugh: . Hey do that before Pres. O takes that away from us.

bandalop

H2H1
I like your idea best, if I can get it out! The Salvation Army in the town near by does a very good job of recycling and helping the needy for very little cost to them (the needy).

TexasClodhopper

I hope the "needy" are willing to screw it down to their floor! :clown:

Actually, the "needy" shop at the local discount furniture store!

bandalop - 12/1/2010 8:53 AM H2H1 I like your idea best, if I can get it out! The Salvation Army in the town near by does a very good job of recycling and helping the needy for very little cost to them (the needy).

bandalop

Removal up-date:
The sofa came out without a hitch! Upon fruther investigation, I found that the sofa could be disassembled. Arms off, back off, seat off, etc. Nothing was left but the steel frame and that easily went thru the RV door.
Sofa was salvaged and already have an interested party for it. Nothing gets throwed away!