Sometimes you still gotta be a girlie girl

dawniegyrl

Okay, so my and my fiance just got into this great world of RVing, and I love it. Usually, just a shower and a little make up can go a LONG way..however, from time to time, I gotta do the whole girlie girl thing and do something with my hair. What is the best way to use the least amount of power in these things? We will be running on battery or generator - no hooks up for the summer. I've seen the 12v hairdryers - and dont' mind those if I could just get some feedback on the power usage. Thanks everyone & happy travels! :laugh:

Triple E

Re: Sometimes you still gotta be a girlie girl

Hello DGirl and welcome to the forum. If you are worried about running the batteries down while drying your hair, I would start the engine while doing so. This way the batteries will be charging from your alternator while blow drying. ;) Most people, women, do not think about this before hand. Atta girl to you. :)

:8ball:

H2H1

Hi D GIRL, A and as Triple E stated welcome. I doubt that you will run your battery down just by blowing drying your hair. But if you are running other 1w v items then yes you will run it down unless you have a power source to build it back up, but just a hair dyer I don't think so.

welcome to the RV World, enjoy and have fun

C Nash

Welcome to the forum DGirl. What type rv do you have? How many batteries? Any other means of keeping them charged while boondocking such as solar power? Need a little more info so the elec wizards on here can answer your question. Will you be boondocking ALL summer?

akjimny

If you have a generator, use your home appliances and just fire it up for the time it takes to get yourself done up. There are 12 volt items out there but most would probably drain down your batteries pretty quick. If you google 12 volt appliances you will find blow dryers and curling irons and a whole bunch or other stuff. Welcome to the forum and let us know how you do.

LEN

2nd on the gen for doing the hairdryer and curling iron that's what the wife. This will also put some in the batteries if needed.

LEN