south carlina coastal area

dastout

Anyone have any recommendations where one could camp in this area where there may be be little privacy and a little shade. Places like Ocean lakes family campground in Myrtle Beach does not do it for me . Frying in the sand parked 2 feet away from another RV is not what I want. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

brodavid

Re: south carlina coastal area

myrtle beach koa, two state parks,
pirate land, and others
just look under campgrounds in myrtle beach sc

enjoy and come on down

dastout

Thanks for the reply, We are in the upstate (Greenville) will check out out the areas you have suggested. Trees are required for for shade and some privacy. We are getting cabin fever here and really anxious to do a little road trip.

I agree:
God bless America
God Bless our Troops
God Bless our Veterans,(I am one)
God Bless our Firemen & Police.

G

Well i understand the being next to someone thing ,, but one question ,, and don't take this the wrong way ,, but why go to the beach , if u do not like the heat and sun ?? i stay at Ocean Lakes when i can ,, and on the beach front sight ,, no trees ,, and tons of sand and sun ,, but JMO ,, and i know i will get ragged about it but who cares ,, but (not knocking u dave) but Pirate land is the same way ,, they do have alot of areas way far from the beach ,, and that would require a golf cart to get to ,, and i don;t think u would like the $65.00 a day rental on that ,, u can not bring u'r own at PL ,, and BTW ,, from now on ,, i do not or will not reconize MB as a tourist spot ,, due to what the still in office Mayor has done ,, but Pirate Land and Ocean lakes is not in MB ,, is it is Surf Side Beach ,,
:approve: :cool: :cool:

superslif

Try Myrtle Beach Travel Park. We find that it is more laid back, not very many golf carts zooming thru. It's still a large campground. Yes, and still pricey at $64 a night. They have a section with full service in-land of the pool area that is full shade. From the shady area it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. You have to check out their showerhouses!! All I have to say is wow... We'll be there for 10 days in Aug. It's located between Myrtle and North Myrtle by Restaurant Row. http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/index.html :laugh:

H2H1

well it looks good, but I would like to see some more palm trees to dress it up more. and 65 a night, look you are paying for the scenery where u are at. not bad to me.

superslif

If you take the "virtual tour" (MB Travel Park) you will see like most of the large MB campgrounds the first section of campsites nearest the beach are full sun. My wife really doesn't like the beach or it's really the heat and sun. That is why we usually are in the cooler mountains and hills of OH. PA. or VT. Like most of the other MB parks MB Travel Park has shelters for all the sites in the full sun section. But with a hybrid that could still make it hot inside even with air. Also in the shaded area there is some what less ocean breeze to affect your awning. I remember the last trip there, someone left for the day with a large trailer who didn't tie down their awning. Well, the day happened to get very breezy, and tore it right off. Broke the awning arms and everything. My brother and me saw that with the broken awning arms were scratching the side of the trailer banging around, so we gathered up some rope and tied everything down till the owners returned later in the day. It was a new 34' trailer too.... :(

As far as the price. I guess they "got ya" They all seem to be in the $65 range. Personally I would stay more often if it were not so $$$$. I have asked if there was a discount for a 2 week stay. Nope :( not even a monthly discount :( :( That is why we go every 3rd year.