Space Shuttle Launch Dec 6

C Nash

Re: Space Shuttle Launch Dec 6

DL we stayed at Manatee south of the cape which has a viewing of the launch but it is pretty far from the launch. We went to Titusville park which is across from the launch pad to watch the launch. You need to be there early. Those that watched from Manatee say you can get a good view but we wanted as close as possible without buying tickets. You can purchase tickets to get closer but they are probably sold out. Manatee is probably also booked. County rv park that is ok and prices were not bad. Wifi also. They have a website.

C Nash

DL, Here is the website of Manatee Hammock in Brevard fl just south of the cape http://www.nbbd.com/godo/prec/ManateeCamp/ The name of the park that we watched the launch from was Kennedy Point Park which is located near the junction of SR50 and US 1. You need to get to the park about 3 hrs before launch for a good site. Take chairs, snacks and water. The park is located straight across the Indian River from launch pads and about 12 miles. The launch is a must see event. AWESOME :)

G

anyone heard form DL and how his shuttle destintion is going he only has a few hours left ,, i bet that's it,, he's fighting for good spot and he had to use his laptop as a weapon :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Hope he remembers to cut that dodge off are he wont be able to see the launch through all that diesel smoke :laugh: :laugh:

G

now that hit the nail on the head ,, but i don't think he'll think of that ,, or maybe he is using it to get the spot he want to watch the launch ,, u know it's kinda like using smoke bombs to despurce crowds.... :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;)

C Nash

When he sees that Space shuttle blast off he wont ever bragg about that Dogde again. Bet he will try to retrofit one of them boosters in the Dogde :eek: :laugh: :blackeye:

G

That i bet he will do ,, :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Talk about a high. He just thought that Dogde smelled good. He will want some of that rocked fuel for sure. Watch for the smoke trail when he leaves. :laugh: :laugh: :dead:

G

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ther goes my black smoke trail from the MH :(

C Nash

Can't you just see old DL down ther arguing with the shuttle techs that his dogde would do a better job of getting the shuttle in orbit and all the nation would really appreciate the smell :laugh:

G

I could just picture that ,, and then he would want to show them just how it would work ,, he would be renting a crane to stap the dodge onto the shuttle ,, jsut to prove a point... :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Then he would want a gazzilon dollars for showing up NASA and improving the enviroment of all the hazzardoust smells the booster rockets put out ,, he might even get to meet Al Gore and help with the Greenhouse effect and global warming ,, heck after that he won't want anything to do with us lowley rving type people :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

C Nash

Rod, thik he has done wrote us off already. :laugh: After all this ragging thought sure he would respond. :)

brodavid

He must be in a area with no internet hookups, give him time and he will be back to start trouble,

Shadow

Oh he's going to respond. Think he is just headed that way and can't get on line till he gets set up at his site. Think you and 730 got him pegged. Laughing just thinking about him at NASA....

C Nash

All that diesel fumes done messed up his puter. Hay Shadow recond a Ford blowed him off the road. :eek: Kidding aside hope all is well with DL and family.

Shadow

He would never admit it :laugh: . Hope all is well DL !!!!!

G

second the wellness of DL and family :)

DL Rupper

Hey Guys/Gals, I'm here at Manatee-Hammock County RV park getting ready to see the launch. I got to crawl around the launch site and Assembly buildings before they were open to the public (1982). I was part of the Air Force Shuttle Program at Vandenberg AFB. The AF program was cancelled after the first Shuttle disaster. I got to watch the #5 landing at Edwards AFB in 1983 as part of the AF Shuttle team. Never did get to see a launch until now. Hopefully it will go off as scheduled today. :) Probably won't compare to my Dodge launching my RV down the road, but then little does. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: