Spare Tire

6roadrunner0

Just bought a 29' 2008 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger :). Before we bought, we ask the dealer to put new tires on. He mounted Firestone LT 225/75R16 rated D instead of Michelins it had on it (my fault for not asking for orignal replacements) :blush: While checking the spare the other day I noticed it was a BF Goodrich 8.00-16.5 LT rated D. The tire looks new with no cracks or dry rot., My question is, will this 16.5 spare work on this RV that has 16" wheels? :question:

H2H1

Re: Spare Tire

I may be mistaken here, buy I think someone changed out the original tire and rims for a smaller size. The 16 vs the 16.5 is the size of the rims which the tires are mounted on. I would think the 16.5 is more expensive than the 16. But this MHO.

akjimny

Ken - Measure the outside circumference of the 16's and the 16.5 and see what the difference is. I'm thinking you could probably get away with using the 16.5 as a spare but I wouldn't drive any further than absolutely necessary on it. :) :) :)

brodavid

just came in from the doctors and my spare tire was bigger than 16.5, was told got to diet :) :) :)

akjimny

Dunlap - - - done lapped over my belt. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

WELL speaking of that, I had to get me a belt from down under,,, because my belt is down under the belly

6roadrunner0

James, I raised the front passenger Firestone 225/75R16 D off the ground and the measurement around the center of the tire was 92 & 1/2". I then measured the BF Goodrich spare 8.00 16.5 D, it was 89 & 1/2 ". A difference of 3". Another queston, if the BF Goodrich tire is 16.5, is the wheel (rim) made to only carry 16.5's or will I have to get a wheel that would carry a 16"? This is a lot of questions about tire sizes for an RV from someone that spent years hauling coal around Eastern, Ky., but I never fixed the flats I only jerked the flat off and threw the spare on and went on my merry way. I could have been putting bycycle tires on those trucks because I never looked at the sizes.