Speaker sysem

whisperpj

Hi I am a newbie to this forum . I have bought a 1985 coachman travel trailer, there are 4 speakers in ceiling. Now how do I find out how to use them, no radio or tape player in unit. I know I should be able to take a radio or anything else and hook to them but cant find out how this works....someone said maybe just plug into one of the electrical outlet and the speakers run from there sounds dumb to me. Help

utmtman

Re: Speaker sysem

You should have some kind of a entertainment location in the trailer where your tv, and stereo would go and the connection wires should be there, than just plug into your stereo system and you are off and running. Start by looking in every cabinet and shelving in the tt to find that location. Its usually in the front room area.

Kirk

Re: Speaker sysem

There is little doubt that there was something in the trailer originally to supply sound to those speakers. If you can't locate any possible place where a radio or something could have been, try pulling out the speakers to see where the wires go from them. That should at least point you in the right direction. I can assure you that plugging a radio into an outlet will not supply anything to those speakers. There have been devices which sent an audio signal through the power lines, but they require special equipment both to add the sound to the power line and to separate it back out. And they only supply a very poor quality of sound. Friends of ours have an intercom which does exactly that, sending the voice over the power lines. But you can hardly understand the voice if you are not close to it and you would not want to play music that way.

I would look for signs of something having been mounted in or under one of your cabinets.

Angrard

whisperpj;57684 said:
Hi I am a newbie to this forum . I have bought a 1985 coachman travel trailer, there are 4 speakers in ceiling. Now how do I find out how to use them, no radio or tape car dvd players in unit. I know I should be able to take a radio or anything else and hook to them but cant find out how this works....someone said maybe just plug into one of the electrical outlet and the speakers run from there sounds dumb to me. Help
Hello I know this post is old but can you tell a reliable source to purchase speakers for car?

C Nash

Wallmart carries speakers for cars but limit knowledge to help you decide. Most chain auto stores will also have speakers. Best bet find a teenager that is into this and get him to install LOL. Most larger towns have auto sound system shops.