spelling

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by C Nash, Jun 8, 2009.

1. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

This sure did make me feel better about my spelling:laugh:

Now about spelling:
    aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: spelling

I can read that!!!

3. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Hey! That sounds like my Uncle Joe telling us about the WWII bazooka incident that saved a bunch of GIs and got him a medal. :clown:

4. LEN

LEN Senior Member

Saw that a few years ago but I still cant type and if I can then I cant type. Then there's texting "R U 2 old 2 LOL"

LEN

5. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Have to get Rod tell me what all them R U and stuff is. :laugh:

6. Shadow

Shadow Senior Member

That's how all my post look, till I hit spell check :eek:

7. rjf7g

rjf7g Senior Member

But you give me a hard time about my handwriting!

8. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Shadow, I tierd ptutnig selpl cechk on my cpomteur and a ntoe cmae up saniyg "forget it" we can't help you. :laugh:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

nowiresmblethatremarkandibetkenandafewotherscanreadthis and nash RU is ??? :laugh: are you ,, feel better but i was told i use to many ,,,,,,, so iamtryingtonotusethemasmuch :)

10. Darlin

Darlin New Member

We have a friend, who is a retired college pastor, & every year he would write a "newsletter" about the past year in their life.

He would about everything yet nothing. He was up on the roof & the hammer fell off, so he had to go git it. After gitin off the roof, he decided he needed a cold drink cuz it was hot, so he fergot bout the roof till the next time it rained . We would write like many hillbillies talk.

He said that it is a lot harder to write with poor grammer, bad spelling than you would think. The college computer had spell checker & was all the time trying to CORRECT his letters. :laugh:

Darlin :cool:

11. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Rod, don't worry about what you been told. You know how all us old greese monkeys err mechanics excuse me TECHNICANS are. We listen then do what we want to. R U is fine. Just like a crossword puzzle. Keeps your mind working :laugh: :laugh:

12. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Yea Rod, I can read that, it is the space bar thatmesses you up!!!

13. brodavid

brodavid Senior Member

to funny, but too true

14. hamdave

hamdave New Member

All in good fun, I enjoyed this series. But all too true, when I was still 'gainfully' employed, it seems that a lot of the business
    world "cudn't"spell either.

have fun!! :laugh:

15. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

I had a body shop forman that would spell wreck "reck" :laugh: I told him reck had a w in front :laugh: and he would just look at me with that how do you know :eek: Guess he had a point. :laugh:

16. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

I kid Rod alot about his spelling and all his little things he put in, but I am no better, I like to wite likes I talk. I am a old country boy who jus enjoys life even if it someone elses. Rod knows I am kidding and jokin with him. So don't take life serious enjoy it while you can. and try your best to git along each other. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. cwishert

cwishert New Member

What really gets to me is when my childs first grade teacher sent home a worksheet with mispelled words. It mortified my child that I would correct the spelling on the worksheets. I still like to point out misspelled words in the newspaper and other places where you would think someone else should have caught it. I know that I am not the perfect speller because I cannot rememeber how to spell friend or thier most of the time you know i before e except after c but now they are not supposed to teach that anyway. Boy I like to ramble about nothing huh! :clown:

18. LEN

LEN Senior Member

Don't ever ever marry a teacher, librarian I did, but I do have a mobile spell checker and overall writing correcter.

LEN

19. elkhartjim

elkhartjim Senior Member

Hey Carol, there's an exception to that i and e after c rule but I don't remember what...do you?

I luv this edumacated series.

20. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Jim, the exception is when I use it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: