Spoilers

denny

HI,

I pull a 25 foot HitchHiker with a 3500 Chevy (when it gets out of the shop again) and I'd like info from anyone using a spoiler. My hiker rises about three stories above the cab and I know it holds all the wind in Kansas and Wyoming. Will a spoiler help? How much? What is the best? :question: :question: :question: :)

Gary B

Spoilers

Hi denny, my personal opinion, save your money for gas, I,ve towed with and without, currently without, our ist 5er was a 27.5' Coachmen mid-profile and the spoiler actually hurt my mpg, our 2 nd 5er was a high profile Terry 30' and it may have helped, but it was less than .5 mpg, we currently tow a 28.5 HHII and I sold the spoiler about 5 years ago and have no plans to buy another. I know full well what you mean about the winds in Kansas & Wyoming and most likely will experince then again. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:
PS: I think the air flow tail gate helps as much as the spoiler, and use it all the time.

Butch

Spoilers

Welllll, I have to disagree with GB there. I do believe that the deflectors do a very good job of raising the bug line. high enough to be just out of reach to where one doesn't have to worry about cleaning them until you have access with all the appropriate stuff to include a ladder. To some this is a good thing. There was a test on some class 8's sometime back over about a million miles. This particular test agrees with what GB had to say. Save your money and have more to spend on gas... :)

Gary B

Spoilers

Boy OBOY Butch you figured me out, I just hate reaching up so high for the bugs, thus I got rid of the old spoiler so I could just sit in the old lounge chair and get after the bugs and enjoy an adult beverage, other wise I'd fall down. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: