spring vacation

G

well as usual i have prepaid for my spot in MB for May ,, and can't wait till the time comes to get to go ,, i have the spot for 2 weeks ,, but we are also looking into another week or 2 in Key West FL ,, i want to go down there ,, and i don't care the cost ,, but i have not found many CG's right on the coast ,, there are a few ,, but not my cup of tea ,, i am looking for anyone that might know of a few in that area ,, and right on the coast ,, anything with in about 30 ft of the coast in a cg will do me fine ,, and also ,, one that is big ,, and allows golf carts ,, thanks :)

H2H1

those look like they are on a bay, he will not go for that,,,, must be on the ocean.

G

now this one i would go for ,, it is on the coast ,, and 392 for the week is not bad ,, i just sent Pirateland alot more then that for 2 weeks :concern:

http://www.rvonthego.com/Sunshine-Key-RV-Resort.html

and thanks for the sight ,,, many to look at :)

I did forget to mention one thing ,, and that is ,, my MH is now back up in it's happy garage ,, i have fixed the roof leaks ,, and as of now ,, i won't see it agian till maybe April ,, or early May ,, but that's ok ,, nothing for me to do with it till then :)

G

thanks LL1956 ,, i have sent them an eamil ,, looks great ,, thanks agian :)

G

well i contacted both of the rv resorts ,, and yes ,, hollis was right ,, i will not go for that ,, i am a surfer ,, and i like to stay right on the beach and get to know the locals ,, and such ,, and i love to go to bed at night with the waves crashing ,, but my question is ,, why are there not more CG's right on the ocean ,, besides SC ,, NC and Pismo beach in Cali ,, there are none that i can find like what is offered in those spots ,, if anyone has spots like that on the gulf (on the ocean) then let me know ,, i luv the sea spray ,, and the smell of salt air ,, plus the endless beach area with tons of sand :applause:
But i guess in away i am kinda like Jimmy Buffet ,, even though i did not grow up on the coast ,, but my mom lived with her little brother and her grandparents in Corolina Beach in NC ,, till she was 17 ,, in a beach house on the shore ,, untill she had to move back to Knoxville ,, my dad would go for week long deep sea fishing whenever he could along the coast of SC ,, with his uncle ,, that had a fishing boat ,, and i first met the ocean when i was just starting to walk ,, and my grandfather had to go catch me cause i was heading to china ,, yes i hit the water right away and wanted more of it ,, so u can kinda say ,, " the ocean is is my body and blood " but i think if i ever moved there ,, it would spoil the fun of it ,, kinda like living where i live ,, Dollywood and Gatlinburg is no big thing for me anymore ,, but there again i might jsut enjoy living on the beach ,, never know ,, sorry for the long post ,, i kinda got carried away ,, and already have cabin fever :triumphant::stupid:

H2H1

Rod I told of one in Panama City and the sites are closer to the ocean than where you are staying now. it is call Destin, Camping on the Gulf

G

i know hollis ,, u have said that ,, but i don;t think IMO ,, i can get any closer to the ocean ,, unless they let me camp on the beach ,, :applause: i know u told me about it ,, but the waves down there are not uniformed ,, they are choppy ,, and not in line ,, and i know ,, alot of surfing goes on down there ,, but how??? they are short waves ,, not long ,, end to end lines ,, but i guess that is just me ,, i have been to Destin once ,, but that was when i did not surf ,, i want to get in with the locals and their parties ,, but thank u hollis ,, i may just try that ,, nothing like sand at u'r camp sight ,, and walking in it to the ocean :applause:
And i want someplace that is huge ,, alot of campsights ,, and one where u have to use a golfcart or car to get from one end to the other ,, it makes it more fun for me ,, and also ,, to have umbrellas and chairs that u can rent ,, to me that is the best ,, oops did i forget endless sand beaches ??? :)
and Btw ,, Hollis ,, can u send me the CG websight agian ,, i realy want t look into it ,, i got to find somewhere to spend the other 2 weeks of our vacation ,, PL will only let me have the spot for 2 weeks and 1 day ,, it is an owner spot ,, and they are coming down the tues after Memorial day to stay the rest of the summer ,, and nothing else is avail ,, all but way inland ,, and i hate that :(

H2H1

you are just to damn pickey, I will not comment anymore, nothing will satify you, stay in MB

G

well if this is the sight ,, then it i great for me
http://campgulf.com/index.html
165 a day is not bad for a beach front sight ,, on the beach ,, with sand in ur camp sight ,, pretty nice ,, i have sent them a email and what is avial ,, i am easy to please ,, just put me on the beach :) ,, but thank u for setting me straight ,, i will try it ,, and see how the parties are ,, and if the locals are friendly ,, i have to get in with the locals ,, they take u to places that not everyone knows about ,, and show u stuff the tourist never see ,, and i know they like to party ,, well i would hope so ,, most local sufers do ,, :) but agian thanks
well that is kinda out ,, no pets allowed in the beach front area ,, or on the beach ,, can't stay there :(

akjimny

Rod - Listening to you talk about surfing got me to thinking. When I was MUCH younger (and better looking) and used to go surfing, the best surf on the Atlantic side was around Satellite Beach / Patrick Air Force Base at a place called the Shark Pit. I don't know if the winds and tides have changed the beach in all these years, but that was the place to go , lo those many years ago. Also, closer to your home than driving all the way to Key West, unless Key West is a destination all in its own for you. I'm hoping to ride my putt-putt down there before we move out to Alaska. Probably won't ever get a chance to do it again, and I want to check it off my bucket list.:):)

G

Jim i have heard about "shark pit " alot of good waves down that way ,, it is on my list of places ,, to go and surf ,, well kinda ,, i body board ,, but i can surf ,, still trying that ,, i can atleast get up on the board ,, and balance ,, i have yet to get used to the rest ,, but i am trying ,, but thanks ,, i also have Belze beach Austrailia on the list ,, as for Pipeline in Hawaii ,, alot of body boarding going on in Hawaii ,, that is where i bought my board from ,, but anyway ,, thanks ,, now just to go and do it ,, i love the thrill ,, and danger ,, nothing like it ,, i figure u only go around once in this lifetime ,, why not make the best of it ,, :)

H2H1

Ok guys, I need some advice. Yes it me and I do,:) As you know we are planning a trip back out West to Denver. I looked at Google map and it the same way we went to SD I70. not a bad way , but looking for a better way to get to to I70. I don't want to drive thru Memphis Tn. I hated that part of the trip. so anyone got any suggestions from Atlanta to Denver. thanks in advance

Triple E

H2H1;75517 said:
Ok guys, I need some advice. Yes it me and I do,:) As you know we are planning a trip back out West to Denver. I looked at Google map and it the same way we went to SD I70. not a bad way , but looking for a better way to get to to I70. I don't want to drive thru Memphis Tn. I hated that part of the trip. so anyone got any suggestions from Atlanta to Denver. thanks in advance

Atlanta, Nashville, St. Louis, Kansas City to Denver. 1,407.5 miles, 19 hours and 3 minutes, $469.18 for gas at $3.00/gallon at 9 gpm. This info came from my CoPilot GPS.