Sprinter Roadtrek or Pleasureway?

BillB

Looking at the Road Agile and PW Ascent. Like the floorplan of the Ascent better as it has the sink/stove in the door opening. The drawbacks to the PW were that the front seats didn't swivel (was told a safety/crash issue, but RT has them), and the RT Agile had 2 extra batteries with inverter. Have no experience with a powered RV (moving up from 1973 VW) and wondered how important the inverter would be. My wife and I mostly camp in National Forest type primative campsites and will rarely find ourselves in a "hookup" campground. Thought that might make the inverter even more important. Anyone have opinions? Otherwise the 2 RV's are similar.

I also asked both dealers about propane capacity/use and was suprised that neither seemed to last very long. With gas refridge and generator we were told that if you ran the heater in cold weather you'd get about 3 days. That seemed like a very short time making me wonder why the tanks aren't larger. Any one able to relate propane use experience? I'd hate to have to fill up even once a week.

rjf7g

Re: Sprinter Roadtrek or Pleasureway?

I just looked at these units today at an RV show. The class Bs are just too small for me! I have an 80# propane tank and used about 25# on a 3 day weekend where I ran the furnace in conjunction with an electric heater one very cold night (24) and ran the hot water heater for 3 days. The fridge was running off of electricity. I was heating a 27' class C and keeping 6 gallons of water warm. They do make "extend a stay" kits, but then you are traveling with a tank in the vehicle.

rjf7g

No problem - I hope you have fun looking at campers and even more fun using yours when you get it!

rjf7g

No problem - I hope you have fun looking at campers and even more fun using yours when you get it!