starcraft trailer weight?

cherokee camper

Hi everyone. great site! Well i hope someone can help me so here i go. I bought last summer a Starcraft 1982 single axle 16' mini travel trailer. The trailer is 12' long plus add the a-frame tounge and its almost 16'. I spent almost a year redoing the whole thing over and i love it. The question i have is in two parts, the gvwr says 2600 and the gwvr says 2600. Im confused, there is no other info on the plate thats attached to the frame except the vin#. When i bought it it had no other info so im wondering what the dry weight of the trailer as it sits is? Can someone help? Also the second part of the question does anyone see a problem towing this with a suv with a 4.0 engine. Thanks for any suggestions :)

H2H1

Re: starcraft trailer weight?

hello Walt and welcome to the forum. I personally can't provide you with any information. But I ask you to be patient as other RVers are more than likely working or traveling. So come back later on tonight and read your post. You will be surprise of the of what you will get. :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

cherokee camper

RE: starcraft trailer weight?

Hi again everyone. Im giong to rephrase my question i had for everyone since it was alittle hard for someone to tell me what they thought the dry weight might be. Anyway like i said i have a 12' ultra light mini tt that is perfect for my wife my young daughter and myself. with the tounge its almost 16' and has a 2600 gvwr. I did have a 04 f-250 that i pulled the tt with and it was very easy but now all i have is a jeep cherokee with the 4.0 with the trailer package thats rated at 5000. We live in ohio and vacation in the U.P. were the roads are 90% flat except for the Mac bridge. Im one of those people that just cant sleep knowing that i might not be able take my family camping and making memories like you all know. And im sorry to say i cant buy a truck any time soon because of my job and economy. This is what i have on my list to buy for the jeep and tt to make it safe. Extra tranny cooler, new rear leaf springs and airbags for jeep, double check brakes on trailer and jeep to make sure working alright , swaybar control for tt. Can anyone else tell me what i might be missing or should think about doing. Any info would be great. :)

LEN

Re: starcraft trailer weight?

You are well within what the jeep can do. Don't think I would add springs it would ride real bad XT. Either air shocks or the air bags will keep you level and give you air where ever you go. You see all kinds of these jeeps pulling these lighter trailers all over The national parks in the west and they are anything but flat. With the prep you will be doing should be a great combo.

LEN

cherokee camper

RE: starcraft trailer weight?

Thank you for responding to my question Len. All the information i can get from the great folks on this site is greatly appreciated. :)