Step dosn't open

Fred1

The step on my motorhome stopped opening for no reason. Anyone have any ideas as to what suddenly caused the problem.

Triple E

Hello Fred1 and welcome to RVUSA. :applause: Have you checked all of your fuses? Do you know if you have 12 volts DC at the switch and/or motor?

H2H1

well Fred1, you did not say what year your MH was. But they do need cleaning every year. Get you a hammer and TAP it at all joints to break loose the road grime that has built up over years. Now if that doesn't work check your ground wire, there may not be a good ground. Good luck

dfedora

Hi Fred
Like Hollis stated try tapping first . If nothing else works try a water pump pliers on the 1" dia pipe under the step with some oil working it back & forth till it movers on it own.

Good luck
Let us know if it works

G

and while u'r under there tapping on stuff ,, try tapping on the motor ,, and see if that helps ,, sometimes the brushes get on a spot that will not let the motor run ,, i have done this to mine a few times ,, but eventually the step motor will need to be replaced ,, if the tapping makes it work agian ,, also ck the door swtiches ,, they are contact type ,, u should have one on the door frame ,, and one on the door ,, the one on the door is nothing more then a magnet ,, and the one on the frame is kinda like the reciever ,, if either one is broken even part of them ,, u'r step will not work , but do as others have said ,, ck the grounds and all the connections ,, specailly as hollis said ,, "the ground" but let us know what u find :)