step wont go up. anyone know what it could be ?? ???

wilf

i have a 93 fleetwood coronado the electric step is out and wont go back in, does anyone know if theres a fuse for it or a sensor ? or if you can lift it in manualy? any help appreciated we are planning on using it tommorow. thanks

G

RE: step wont go up. anyone know what it could be ?? ???

well do u have a step light on the step ??? if it is on ,, then u have power ,,, and also does it go in with the engine started ??? if the light goes out when door is closed ,, but step will not go in ,, even with the eng started ,, then i would say the motor is bad ,, but if u look in the search under most needed ,, u will see I had an almost similar thing happen to me ,, on my MH :eek: :approve: :approve: :) :)

wilf

hi, the step light is on i have not tried it with the motor running i will try it now and let you know , thanks

G

well if the step light is on then u have power to the board ,, and it should work ,, but does the light go off when u shut the door ????? if it does ,, get u a hammer ,, and crawl under the step area ,, and hit the motor ,, not hard but tap it a few times ,, and then try the step again ,, ;) :)
but if it goes up with the engine running ,, then u have a diff prob ,, like the sensor on the door ,, but i'll wait an see u'r reply back on the first issue first ;)

wilf

got under it and theres a nut that turns and moves the step out a bit , i turned it back and forth a few times then closed the door and it worked, so i left it in and shut off the switch , any idea what it could be ??

wilf

theres a small white sensor on the bottom of the door that looks realy worn and part of it broken off about the size of a dime is that the step sensor or could it be an alarm sensor?

G

sounds like u still got a motor problem ,, was that nut near the motor ??? if so then that is the linkage for the motor to the step ,, but try some lube on it first ,, may have just been all gumed up ,, but if it is working now ,, good ,, atleast u got it up ,, but i would really IMO look into purchasing a new step motor ,, if after all the lubing don't take care of it :)

wilf

thanks for your help, do you know a good source for things for motorhomes like these , this is my first rv so you will probably see me on here quite a bit, thanks again

G

sorry ,, didn't get back on in time to respond back ,, but yes the white dime thingy is the sensor ,, there is one in the door (that one is only a magnet) and the one in the door frame ,, that is the wired one ,,, and it's ok if it's broke a little ,, it will still work ,,, as far as parts for the step ,, if u give me the model number ,, and the color of the control unit (both underneath the step ) i can get u the parts ,, or direct u where to get them :) :approve: :approve: :approve:

Kirk

Re: step wont go up. anyone know what it could be ?? ???

If the door switch caused the step to retract, it probably isn't the motor. If it should be, they use a 12V-dc motor of the type that operates power windows from Ford to operate the step. Auto Zone carries one that will work from Siemens. The ID tag lists the following numbers:
59720-20

If you visit the Kwikee web site you can download the training document for servicing their steps. Just go to the link below:
http://www.kwikee.com/Adocuments.html#steps

wilf

thanks guys i will check out the points you gave me . i lubricated the parts on it and it seems to work fine since