stimulating the economy

G

Well i would just like to say this ,, and some may agree or not ,, but IMO
I have been down in Myrtle Beach for the last week ,, for both bike weeks,, and all i can say is this ...
If we are supposed to go out and spend ,,then how can we spend if u have a city council that wants to run off all the money spending people ,, what i am talking about is this ,, during bike weeks ONLY ,, the Mayor and city council of MB had imposed certain laws for only bikers ,, i will not go into the details ,, but ,, they are spending the tax dollars of the people in MB to do it ,, they have also imposed huge taxes on the vendors ,, so in summery ,, the bikers are looking for another place to spend thier money ,, and stay ,, the vendors did not show up as usal ,, so u tell me ,, if u don't have vendors to spend money with , and get over priced stays and such ,, because u are a certain group ,, then how can they spend money ,,, and also since this has happened ,, most bikers ,, and other people have said ,, this is the last yr of them and others coming down here ,, and too think ,, the retailers rely on this bike weeks to kick off the summer ,, but the way it is now ,, the city council is spending money ,, and not takin any in ,, last yr ,, there were more than 160,000 bikers alone ,, and this yr ,, they barely made it to 30,000 ,, so u all do the math ,, but i sure hope all the fines and such ,, that the city imposed ,, makes up for all the revinue lost from the tourist ,, WAY TO GO MB CITY MAYOR AND COUNCIL.
But agian this is just MO :approve: :disapprove: :angry:

utmtman

Re: stimulating the economy

Its that money hungry thing that is going around a bit of everywhere because they think they can get more money now in this bad times than they could in the good. Oops their mistake.

msjackie

the tally is not in yet, tomorrow is not over, estimated lost to business is over 25,000,000 yes 25 million dollars not counting the vendors and people around the county, that is just Myrtle Beach

H2H1

well the best thing the city can to do vote everyone of them out of office and start clean with a new Mayor and council.

H2H1

but there again I am trying to stimulate the economy by traveling the county side and spending Uncle Sam money as good as I can.

rjf7g

I am sorry the bikers were treated like that and glad they responded by holding on to their money! In these tough economic times, the quality of customer service as well as other "soft skills" displayed by people trying to earn a dollar will become a major factor to determine who stays and who goes. I wouldn't be suprised if Bike Week goes some place else entirely next year.