Stop Light Switch, Can't find what I need... HELP!!!!

Doug W

I have an 82 Chevy Overland Motorhome class A with cruise control. Any suggestions on where I can find a stop light switch for this thing would be greatly appreciated?

I've tried the local auto parts houses, but no luck,

The switch is round and mounts to the brake pedal. It has 2 wires that attach to the top, and a lever that hooks to a chain that is mounted to the firewall. When the brake pedal is pushed the lever on the bottom releases, triggering the brake lights. I can't seem to find anything that even compares to it.

I've attached a photo (I think....) to this post.

Any help or direction at all, on where I can pick up another switch or something I can adapt to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

Kirk

Re: Stop Light Switch, Can't find what I need... HELP!!!!

I can't see any photo, but if it were me I wold devise my own mount and use some commonly available switch. What I would do is to get a normally closed switch with a nice long actuator and mount it to some kind of home-made bracket where the pedal will hold the switch actuated open when it is released. Over the years I have converted several vehicles in that way rather than pay the outrageous prices that most manufacturers demand for the junk that they devise.