Storage

rickandcathy

My wife and I just purchased a class "c" 31' coachman, santara. We have used it once so far, only had it for two weeks. We want to go full time within the next six months. Our problem is storage we have storage under the unit and it looks like a lot, can anyone give us some advice on how to make out storage go further i.e. products or packing advice. Thanks

ARCHER

Storage

Welcome to the forum. Weight, weight, weight is the key on what storage you need, etc. What we do is each time we use the motorhome (Class A) we sit down and discuss what we used, needed, and did not need and make up our new packing lists. It changes but not to drastic. Trial and error, but don't forget the weight issue.

SnowbirdInFlight

Storage

Archers right about the weight. Anytime I can change something out that weighs less, I do it. For instance I had some really neat canisters that were glass and looking around Wally World I found some similar canisters made of acrylic that were 1/4 the weight, so out went the glass. Every little bit helps! :laugh:

hertig

Storage

Class C motorhomes are notorious for not having much CCC (cargo carrying capacity). When you do get the unit loaded for travel, take it to a scale and weigh it. If you are over the GVWR, you will need to take stuff out. If one side is heavier than the other, it would be wise to rearrange stuff so that each side weighs the same. Also wise to check the individual axel weights and again rearrange stuff front to back so you don't exceed any weight rating.

Browzin

Storage

ddavis725
Most truck stops have scales, if you are near a Flying J truck stop most of them have Cat scales which will allow you to weigh each wheel and balance your load better.

hertig

Storage

There are 3 types of scales - platform, axel and wheel. You can get the wheel weight even on a platform scale by driving each wheel onto the platform, and weighing it. This of course assumes that there is enough room around the scale to allow only one wheel at a time. Usually it should not cost much more to do several weights than 1 weight (here it's $8 for the first weight and $1 for each additional weight.)