Suggested retail price?

krsmitty

I remember a post in the forums awhile back about there being around a 25% mark up in new RV prices? Or thought I read one anyway...lol. Anyone know for sure? We are looking at 2010 Gulf Stream Conquest/Innsbruck 5th wheels. Should I be able to subtract 25% from the Suggested retail to get close to an 'Invoice' price?

Thanks,

brodavid

Re: Suggested retail price?

everywhere but at GTS, when he gives you the price take it, he knows RV's

Kirk

Re: Suggested retail price?

krsmitty, The RV Consumer Group says that as a rule of thumb you should never pay any more than 75% of the factory MSRP. This is not the dealer asking price but rather an MSRP that is printed by the factory who builds the RV but the dealer is not required to show it to you like there are with a car or truck. Even so the better dealers should be willing to let you see it as a reference. On higher priced RVs you could expect a reduction of as much as 30% and on lower cost ones as little as 20%. No dealer will sell to you for his cost. He can't do that and stay in business since he has to make a living and pay his help as well. Typical mark-up is more on the order of 40% but the dealer does have expenses that must be paid before he makes a profit.

Check out the RV Consumer Group at:    www.rv.org