Suggestions on type of trailer

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by kpgray, Sep 12, 2004.

1. kpgray

kpgray Junior Member

Hi,
    We're contemplating purchasing a new RV. We currently have a Class C and previously had a Starcraft tent trailer. When we retire in a couple years we hope to do some traveling around the country (although not full-time). We want something to tow so we have a vehicle to drive without breaking camp, and we won't have 2 vehicles with motors to maintain. We want something waterproof so we don't have to worry about rain (i.e. no canvas), but we do like the low-profile of pop-ups for towability. We like the TrailManors, but the drawback to pop-ups is that you can't stop on the road and easily access anything (bathroom, fridge, etc.) I've started looking at 5th wheels, but they're not low-profile and easily manuvered/stored. We don't want something huge, preferably 27' - 28', and want something with 1 permanent queen-size bed, but that could sleep 4 if necessary.
    I'd appreciate any suggestions/ideas.
    Thanks

2. hertig

hertig Senior Member

Check out the Chalets. They are a hard Sided, A frame 'popup' which can be erected/collapsed in seconds with practice. But not very big, I think the biggest model is 20' or maybe less. Travel trailers are usually lower profile than 5th wheels. And then there are the 'hi/lo's, which slide up for use and slide down for travel.

3. kpgray

kpgray Junior Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out the Chalet

4. hhoenig

hhoenig New Member

trailmanor is great. takes only a couple of minutes to open for quick access to bathroom. no need to unhitch from tv. easy tow and storage