Super Tech RV & Marine Antifreeze (-50 F) Walmart

C Nash

I have a 34 foot Mh and I can winterize it with 1 & 1/2 gallon. I never pour it in the fresh water tank and always by pass the H/W heater. If the antifreeze freezes it will not expand. Did it burst the bottle or swell it? There may be a shelf life on RV antifreeze but I dont know. As many rvs that are in the north and use it I am sure if it did not do as advertised the lawyers would be having a ball. I have seen it slush even here in Alabama in the jug. There is plenty room in the fresh tank for expansion so I dont think there is a need to put it there. I have never heard of dealers doing this. Yes I do drain the tank and also the H/W tank. All JMO. If there is no damage to the RV why worry?

H2H1

WELL I winterized mine today and only put in 2 gallons. I make sure the pink is flowing out of the faucets the rest is pored down the drains into the traps. BTW I also buy mine from wally world and never had a problem. But it really don't get that cold in in south Georgia . It has gotten down to the teens. But I have had it to slush up inside the jug while in storage in the garage. But as other has stated it does not expand so the lines are OK. The only reason I think your line froze and burst was you did not have all the water out of them. Also like someone said , you need a by pass valve installed so you do not have to put it in the holding tank. so much easier to winterize with the by pass valve, and less antifreeze. Good luck in the future when winterizing