Switch on dash board

LEN

2000 Endevour 38' 330 Cat with most of the goodies.
There is a make and break switch on the dash I cannot find what it does.
It is a plain jane no markings and is located under the air gauges.
I push it running or no power and nothing I can see goes on off or ????
Anyone have an Idea?? I have looked in the manuals, its pictured but no ID on it.

LEN

DARLING

Re: Switch on dash board

Trip A/ Trip B setting? We have 2 small rocker switches under guages with no name. That is what we figured out ours to be.

Darlin :cool:

LEN

I went out and looked it just maybe a mileage reset as there is a second odometer in the tac I hadn't seen before.
Have to drive it to see.
Along related lines I saw a switch to the right of the steering column under the dash that says engine check(or similar) Now what is it for?????

LEN

DARLING

After the severe thunderstorms we are having here I will go out & look to see what you see. But just guessing from memory :laugh: I think, not sure till I look, we have a plug in for code reading.

The old grey matter plays tricks sometimes. :laugh: :laugh:

Darlin :cool:

H2H1

Len could it be for heating/defrost the out side mirror, I have one and that what it is for. I guess if you up north where it get really cold and need to defrost for what ever reason.

vanole

Len,

I had a 00 Dip prior to my Dynasty. Think it was 99 or 00 when Monaco scooped up Holiday Rambler. Not sure if the interiors were alike I know for sure the engines were different at least in 00, Cat was not and option biggest Monaco put in the Dip that year was and ISC-315.

The dash on the 00 Dip was layed out much better than on my present M/H. Dash on the dip had large circular gauges on the bottom of the lexan plate for Tach (left) Speed (right). Sandwhiched between was back up monitor. Above from left to right if my memory has not failed me Boost guage, Tran Temp, Coolant temp, Oil Press, Fuel Lvl, 12v Chassis Batt, Air brake, above that about a boat load of dummy light and turn indicators.

To the left of the Tach had the folowing switches. from left to right Fog lights, Gen Start, Aux Start, Air Dump, Engine idle, Engine Diagnostic

On the right of the speedometer you had A/C controls (3 rotary knobs, Radio above that, odometer with a push button to toggle thru 3 trip odometers, Master Radio switch, Backup alarm switch next to radio switch.

Panel under left window from front to back: Transmission Selector, (now the next go from outside to inside) Exhaust Brake, Step Cover, Cruise control, Cruse control cancel, Speed Control Resume Set , (now front to back again) level, Mirror Adjustments, Jacks, Mirror heat, Parking Bake.

Sorry for this being long and confusing but I gave you to my best recelection all switches on my 00 Dip within drivers reach. There was 5 switches by the steps near the entrance door.

I had nothig directly under the air gauge.

V/R
Jeff

LEN

It is the trip reset. I never looked in the tach window for the trip meter.

Thanks

LEN

G

Len ,, the engine ck thingy should be a switch that monitors the air cleaner ,, i have on on mine ,, but have the cummins DP ,, but mine says air filter monitor ,, the engine ck thingy on ur's may have the capabilty to run thru a series of diagnostic cks ,, that may or may not show up on u'r cluster ,, if u have a digital cluster that is ,, mine does not ,, the AF monitor just has a green ,, yellow and red light ,, and i think u can figure out what the 3 mean ,, but let me know back ,, i am courious also ,, :approve: :approve: :) :)

LEN

There is also a couple plugins at or near the switch so it maybe a down load point for diagnostic gear. No lights, the Cat has a vacume monitor by the radiator.

LEN