Telephone

C Nash

Nothing to do with RVing but just wondering if any others are having this problem. I have dial up service which ties up our telephone line but have call wave which will show me who is calling and the number. Tonight while on line I get a call and it shows up as me calling me:eek: It has happened several times in the past. Our daughter has been receiving call from people saying her ph # shows up that she has called them and it has happened a lot. One lady said she had called her which the daughter had not and it even showed up while she was talking to the lady that she was callin again. We were there and there was no way she could be calling. telephone co says its impossible to happen:eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Telephone

I don't have that phone service, but somehow I have received e-mails supposedly from myself. I don't understand that either. Luckily, I can just delete them.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Telephone

Chelse, I don't exactly know how it's done, but there is a way for IP phone (online Internet phones) calls to be configured with ANYONE'S phone number.

So, if someone wants to hide there nefarious phone solicitations, they can just configure the caller ID to be the same as the phone number they are automatically calling.