tell me about you're RV, what do you have,what made you chose it

hi all

please indulge me

I've yet to buy an RV, so far i only know what i've read on the net about them, there are a lot of diffent RV's out there

i hope to be in a position to buy one next year, when i finaly get to live full time with my wife
hug.gif
{long story}

anyway, new week she'll be in the UK with me for a couple of weeks, so we are going to a dealership to take a look at a few

i'm hoping we will have $15k to spend on an RV

so far from what i've seen, i like the look of winnebago braves, with a little luck we should be able to find something built around '96 to '98 27 to 30 feet long

what do you guy's have, and what made you chose it, if you have pictures, i'd like to see them

many thanks

mark

C Nash

Re: tell me about you're RV, what do you have,what made you chose it

Well Mark we chose a 2002 33 ft Hr with 2 slides because we were going to Alaska and I didn't want to have to stop and get out to go to the bathroom or fix a meal. Also the wife could get up and move about, yes I know your are not supposed to get out of seat belts, but, I'll let you tell my wife that. I also liked the idea of not much to do when pulling into a cg or not even getting out if just stoping for the night at a walmart etc. Our age also entered the decision to go MH. We have owned most ever type of rv except a truck camper. All served us at the time. Started with tents then a converted bus, pop up, TT 5 total, 1 5th wheel and now the MH. Which did we like best "the one we had at any given time" In the price range you are looking you need to get it early and plan on a lot of work to ready it for an Alaska venture. Go for it "ALASKA" what an adventure!!

H2H1

Well Mark , like Nash I bought a 2003 Fleet Wood South wind 36 ' 3 slide with all the amenities it had.I have not owned as many as Nash only 2 TTs. Now I will tell you this, it wasn't my favorite, but the wife loved it and wanted due to the slides and she got it. We have been very happy with it, there was some set backs, but we worked thur them and now waiting on spring to get out again. Just remember if the lady isn't happy, then no one will be.

RE: tell me about you're RV, what do you have,what made you chose it

this is my home from home in the UK, she who must be obeyed loves it :laugh:

home218.jpg
it'll be gone long before we are settled stateside :( once we get there we want something bigger, more comfortable

this is my pride and joy, i hope it'll come with me

chickensplit942.jpg

Triple E

Ok tell me how you did that.

rv1.jpg

www dot photobucket dot com

rv2.jpg

rv3.jpg

now come on guys, show me your RV's.............................................................. please

TexasClodhopper - 2/7/2010 5:45 AM Good thing the tow rope is still on it! :clown:

she has a dead trans and no brakes :( pushing it is the only way :(

utmtman

Well I bought a 37ft 2slide, bath and a half, 2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Motor Home and the reason was the price we got for it. We were looking either for a fifth wheel or maybe a nice class C with slideouts. We had been to several dealers and had finally settled on a Class C. But the dealer said he had something we might like better and for a lot less. Our rig was the previous years model and it had been the demo vehicle so it had 10,000 miles from going to shows. They knocked off 50,000 off the top and than paid us what we had originally paid for our 3/4 T Truck and 26 ft Travel Trailer for trade in. Could not beat that price with a stick.

brodavid

right now my RV is my wheelchair, we use to own a PROVAN 18ft, sold it to my son, it is now in Alaska, looking at Ken's site for a new Trailer,
hope real soon to buy and go camping

TexasClodhopper - 2/7/2010 3:00 PM
waco-20081118-75.jpg

very nice, tell me about it

what made you chose it, what's good about it, are there any design niggles

TexasClodhopper

A class C is maneuverable in tight situations like grocery store parking lots or narrow roads in small public parks.

The driver / passenger seats and positions are designed for a much larger market than just MHs, so I think the fit and comfort and safety are better.

The Ford V-10 has plenty of power with steeper grades handled by dropping down into 2nd gear. Gas mileage probably averages close to 8 mpg with the "Plus" grade of gas. It runs fine on the lower octane, but with lower power and mpg.

The single slide gives us plenty of room inside to be comfortable.

Problems? The A/C just can't keep up with outside temperatures of 99 degree in full sun. It will maintain about 78 to 80 degrees inside, but that's it. We don't park too much in those conditions. The odd thing is that the chassis A/C will keep it cooled down fine when we're driving.

Problems? Somewhat limited storage compared to a class A, but we don't bring anything with us that we don't use. So, there's really enough storage.

Changes? I've removed the "city water" inlet and added a retractable water hose reel with a water pressure regulator at the input. All the water I use goes through a dual water filter.

PS. It's not necessary to "Quote" in a reply when you add another copy of a large picture! :clown:

Grandview Trailer Sa

OK, here is our 2009 SunnyBrook Brookside 279 FWSCS. One having a good time, and the other after our latest snow...

P1000655.jpg

P1040937.jpg

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, MINE only sleeps TWO, but it could sleep 6. We sell this brand and that is one reason I chose it, but the real reasons are:
The huge storage area underneath and lots of cabinets inside...The large tank capacities...The Aluminum Frame...The High Gloss Fiberglass Exterior...The Enclosed underbelly...Glass Shower Doors...the Porcelain toilet...The SunnyBrook fit and finish and overall quality.

List could be longer....We also have them that can sleep as many as 10. (if you want that many in it!! :laugh: )

Triple E

Hey rubbachicken I did it. Thank you. :laugh: :laugh:

My wifewent tobuy a camper for the back of our F-150. This is what she brought home. :cool:

:8ball:

C Nash

Bet Ken has a problem towing with that little one BroDavid :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: