Tent Camped for years - New To Travel Trailer

DEWar Dave

Hello everyone.... Just thought I would pop in and say hey! Been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks gaining some knowledge on travel trailers. I will be taking mine out for the first time this coming weekend.... now that Ike is gone!

Dave

ironart

Re: Tent Camped for years - New To Travel Trailer

HI Dave and Welcome.....

You must tell us what you have and how you came to decide on it.......We need some good stories....Hope your weekend is a Great One....

Again Welcome

Paul

DL Rupper

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum. Have fun in your new TT.

C Nash

Welcome Dave. Guess ther's room for another texan here :approve: :laugh: ;) Hope Ike didn't do a lot of damage to you. Keep us posted on the first trip.

ARCHER

Dave, welcome to the club. Lots of good stuff and funny stuff here. Add your stuff as you see fit. We tent camped with the kids when really small, then pop-up for a few years and they enjoyed it til teens and then they got tooooo busy, so we stopped til we retired and then bought used Class A. Enjoyed it for 4 years then decided to get TT and love it. ;)

*scooter*

Welcome Dave..Any family from the Dakotas? Hope your trip is fun, safe and succesful !

jetboat

another texan,welcome. have family in houston that lost there home ot the storm.there insurance came thru and there doing fine. weres your first trip going to be?with a first time trip and rv, most always the rv'ers will be there if you have questions.what size did you get?.

DEWar Dave

RE: Tent Camped for years - New To Travel Trailer

We ended up going with a 33' 2008 Keystone Laredo. Tons of room and upgrades. We are headed to a park in the Waco area for the weekend to catch a couple of games at a Jr. College Softball Fastpitch tourney. My daughter plays on an 18U Gold team. Other than that, just cook up a ton of food and chill.

Finally heading out in 4 hours.

I have a friend that there house collapsed in Pearland and a lot still without power. I got mine back on after 1 week.

Dave

**No family in the Dakotas, that I know of.

DEWar Dave

RE: Tent Camped for years - New To Travel Trailer

Well, we survived our first trip with the TT in tow. Way too short of a weekend but, had a great time. Still have to get used to all the things I have to learn about this thing.