that time

G

well as much as i hate to even think about it ,, it's that time ,, the time to put the RV up for a few months ,, and only hope and dream of our summer trips ,, seems to me this yr went to damn fast ,, oh well so be it ,, but i am looking up ,, and that is for May to soon get here ,, i have set a goal for myself this yr ,, and that is to cover as much of the beach as i can ,, last yr ,, i made it to the state park ,, and almost to the pier in garden city ,, this yr i want to make it to the shores of MB ,, and past Garden city ,, to maybe murrels inlet ,, i know if i make it that far ,, i will get a ride back from my buddy that owns the surf shop there ,, and also next yr i have vowed that i will no matter what get good at surfing ,, yea i can get up on the board ,, but still have alot to learn on how to really make it work ,, i have skateboarded ,, so i think IMO that atleast gets me to be able to get up on the board ,, but it is alot diff ,, but i am gonna try come hell or high water ,, but for now all i got to do is just sit back and count the unpleasent days of fall and winter ,, and even spring ,, fall camping is not for me ,, now mid june thru aug ,, yea ,, i will go ,, but not anytime like now ,, or in the next 7 months

H2H1

well Rod I know you don't like SPRING or FALL camping, but some of us do. Some of us like sitting around a camp fire chatting and having a good time with our friends. BTW we camped in the drive way last night with the grand daughter. She wanted to sleep in the MH, so that is what we did. We don't mind summer either, that also a good time to travel and camp but to hot for a camp fire. But like you we will winterize the MH and sit and count the days off till Spring. Good luck on your surfing.

erniee

my son put his coach to bed last month in Montana. I asked how he was feeling about that, as here in Texas- we get to use ours all year

Grandview Trailer Sa

As always, Rod is one of the first to huddle up for the winter. Too bad he misses the great Fall and Spring camping. We have actually only winterized a few units but getting more calls each week. I am camping for Halloween this weekend, going to MIL's for Thanksgiving with camper...might take it at Christmas, all depends on temps. We also have a trip planned in the middle of Nov. for my wifes birthday...NO, camping for 2011 is not over.

H2H1

Well I drained the HWH and all tanks. I then back flushed out the black tank . So as it stands it is preped to put in the pink, but will hold off till I am 100% sure we aren't go out any more this year.

akjimny

Same here. Drained and flushed the holding tanks, drained the fresh and blew the lines clear. No pink for me since we will be going up to Eglin Air Force Base to spend Christmas with the niece and nephew and niecelettes. I did dump a bunch of Stabil in the gas tank and topped it off, just to make sure I didn't get any condensation and to help control the ethanol crap.

Rod, you can always wear a wet suit and go surfing, then get out and warm up around the campfire. ??:):)

G

well as of now ,, my lines are all blown out ,, waiting on parts to fix the leak ,, so i can add the pink ,, but i have also got all the tires off the MH ,, and the drum brakes off on the tag and duells ,, gonna lube all the shoe contact points ,, and double ck all the wheel cylinders ,, also gonna rotate and road force balance all the tires ,, and buy a new tire for the spare ,, i didn't realize it but the spare is 10 yrs old ,, can't have that ,, next to do ,, is flush the cooling system ,, and the tranny ,, and repack the front wheel bearings ,, and hope fully ,, by spring all i got to do is change the oil in the engine ,, and change the fuel filter ,, and i am done ,, ooops forgot ,, still have some roof leaks to attend too ,, but that is no biggy ,, also gotta add fuel preservative ,,can't let all that high dollar fuel go to waste ,, and when i get doen with all that ,, i will take out all the throw rugs we have inside ,, and have Lynn wash them ,, and steam clean the carpet ,, and wax the floor in the kitchen ,, and wax all the counters ,, and the inside of the windows ,, then do all te leather with treatment ,, MAN ,, i just thought i was getting ahead ,, gonna take me till May to get all this done ,, hope fully we will have a very mild winter ,, and i can get it all done :)

akjimny

Rod - Please quit reminding me of all the work I have to do to get the MH ready for the trip back to Alaska next spring.:D:D I have dumped the flusher (or flushed the dumper - one or the other) got the windshield replaced and the engine oil changed. Going in hopefully next week to have the tires rotated and balanced.:)

H2H1

WELL THINGS ARE LOOKING UP, we had diner with the daughter MiL & FiL and they are talking about have thanksgiving in Fl. If so we will be heading there in the MH yoo hoo.We have never camped after Oct. So I am keeping my finger crossed.

Ken now you know Rod does no how to have fun camping, he has to worry about every nut and bolt. No even if he gets all he has said done, he will do it againg in April. mark my word, he will.

G

well yes i will ,, but once i get to where i am going ,, i can fianlly relax ,, i don;t give a damn on what happens on the way home ,, i am going home ,, so who cares ,, but for one thing ,, i gotta get to where i am going in a hurry and with out any problems ,, and so far (knock on wood ) i have been very blessed ,, only one incident ,, and it turned out to be nothing ,, i guess i need to give up rving ,, i am to negative on what i look for and what i have seen go wrong ,, that could have been avoided ,, if some basic maint would have been done before hand ,, then their probs woud have never happend ,, now i know why all the rv road side folks hate me ,, and love alot of u all ,, they luv u all cause they make money off u ,, they hate me cause i don;t fool with them ,, i fix what i can ,, when i can with out them ,,, sorry guys

H2H1

well come to the CoE parks here in GA. and I will come and see ya. heck who knows, I might bring my MH.

Kirk

What you guys need to do is to find a way to stop that work habit and follow those birds south! I have discovered that they know something that is worth learning!

I have to admit that we broke down and did buy a home-base once more but the RV is under cover and don't spend much time in a winterized condition.

*scooter*

Well we probably should get ready for the winter season, but I'm not ready for it. Hopefully another trip before it gets out-a-hand.