The New Forum

try2findus

I cannot find out how to put our profile picture back. Sorry, but it is going to take some getting use too. So far, not liking it...

TexasClodhopper

Your "profile picture" is now called an 'Avatar'. So, you go to "Forum Actions" "Edit Profile" "Edit Avatar" (on the left)

try2findus;73815 said:
I cannot find out how to put our profile picture back. Sorry, but it is going to take some getting use too. So far, not liking it...

TexasClodhopper

Smileys are in the tool formatting bar above your edited text. It's a button that, well, has a smiley on it. :p

try2findus;73814 said:
Ok, I should do a TEST also. Gosh, it is soooo windy and raining like crazy...Thanks Lee

I don't see my smileys :-(

Help Tex.

TexasClodhopper

PLEASE NOTE ALL

A very important section in your Profile is the Profile Privacy section. It defaults to "Everyone" being able to see everything that is yours. I suggest you change it to at least "Registered Members" to keep outsiders from reading your stuff.

G

goona take some getting used too ,, i liked the old bbs style ,, but that is just me ,, :)
OK now once agian where is the smilies menu ??? can't seem to find it
and how can i find who is online ,,without going to a post ???

TexasClodhopper

Cindy, there doesn't appear to be a way to ADD tags to a post in the EDIT process. Once you post, the tag field goes away never to be seen again.:(

Shadow

Tex, the smilies don't show there on mine. I have to go to another page. Must be in our setup somwhere! :)

try2findus

Tex, that is NOT on my line...I PROMISE, there are no smileys on my line. There must be a setting I have missed.

Maybe "someone" who knows how to use these elusive smilies can show me at the M&G???!!

TexasClodhopper

Fix For No Smilies

Aha!

Look at this ... View attachment 7

Go to "Settings" (at the far upper right next to Log Out)
Go to "General Settings" (on the left panel)
Go to "Miscellaneous Options" (scroll way down the page)

If you have it set on "Basic Editor" then no smilies.
If you have it set to either of the others then smilies.
:D:):cool::approve:

Attachments

• conv_6.jpg
    conv_6.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0

Triple E

Ok Tex I found it. I was not going down the page far enough. :approve: Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Ok, next question; when or why would you use the "Go Advanced" button?

TexasClodhopper

The "Go Advanced" is just another editor with a few more ways to present your post to the forum.

As long as you have your editor set to to at least the "Standard Editor", you'll have most of everything you need in the "Quick Reply" area at the bottom of each page.

Triple E;73847 said:
Ok Tex I found it. I was not going down the page far enough. :approve: Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Ok, next question; when or why would you use the "Go Advanced" button?

Triple E

Ahh! I think I have it all figured out now. Thanks for all of your help Tex. Oh by the way, you will have to take all of the pictures for at the M & G. :approve: